Discussions Week of 9/6

Options
Eles697
Eles697 Posts: 113 Member
Say what you want!
(Sorry I went MIA. I am a bad leader. Now I will give all of my excuses; I went on vacation, my in laws were horrifyingly in town, I started back to work, I am lazy..........).

On the same note, not many people were doing the check ins. If anyone wants to be the leader of a check in each week, let me know. I would happily give the responsibility to post a check into someone else. I would take the 0-3 month old (at least for the next month til my baby is 3 months)....

Replies

• ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I haas a lovely day off yesterday for Labor Day :) Daycare was open (!!!!) so it was all me myself! I ran for an hour for the first time in a while and it felt great!
  • amarie210
    amarie210 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    How often does everyone take measurements? I try to weigh myself weekly but that seems frequent for measurements..is monthly better? Or every 2 weeks?
  • caiti12
    caiti12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    With so few members, can we all weigh in on one or two days instead? Like 0 - 1 year and 1 year plus?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    amarie210 wrote: »
    How often does everyone take measurements? I try to weigh myself weekly but that seems frequent for measurements..is monthly better? Or every 2 weeks?

I haven't weighed myself for ages, or taken measurements actually. My PT was taking measurements so must ask him to do that again. Every time I see him he tells me I've lost weight though.

I was back at work last Wed, and we had 3 INSET (in service) days, Mon was my day off, and yesterday was my first day teaching. I had 4 hours in a row of year 8 (age 12 going on 13), then I had to sort out stuff for the Paris trip I'm organising. Today I have a full teaching day, then we have a meeting.

My 4 year old starts school tomorrow :(. I can't believe she's old enough! I'm England, kids start school age 4. If they're 4 before Aug 31st, they start in Sept. There will be some who turn 5 in Sept, and some who turn 5 in the Summer. It just seems so young! My son is 6 and a June baby and in Year 2 now (it goes reception, year 1, year 2...).
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Eles697 wrote: »
    Say what you want!
    (Sorry I went MIA. I am a bad leader. Now I will give all of my excuses; I went on vacation, my in laws were horrifyingly in town, I started back to work, I am lazy..........).

On the same note, not many people were doing the check ins. If anyone wants to be the leader of a check in each week, let me know. I would happily give the responsibility to post a check into someone else. I would take the 0-3 month old (at least for the next month til my baby is 3 months)....

Maybe just have a general check in? Or an under 3s, and over 3s? There aren't that many people in this group so that would probably work.
  • Eles697
    Options
    I may work on some re-do for the check-ins... For now though I will just try to keep up as is and see how it goes.

Today, I am trying to figure out what to do that does not involve food or money. That's always hard to do...
  • Eles697
    Options
    We figured out napping is cheap and fat-free and so that's what we did today. Lazy day. We've been doing things most days, so I don't feel too bad about it especially since I'm gonna be starting full time working again, so they are going to have to get used to it.
    Today I actually worked out earlier than my normal time since my husband took the almost 3 yo and I had the 4 yo entertain the 2 month old (in front of me on my elliptical). It worked out great!
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have been logging my food & exercising this week. The holiday threw off my exercise schedule because my gym was closing early. So my Monday evening class was canceled....grumble, grumble.

Oh so I got good news this week....my gym had a customer appreciation week & I won the raffle for 3 personal training sessions! I am so excited!! I go to my first session next week on Tuesday at 6pm. Woohoo!

I think one of my biggest problems is my diet (or lack there of). I stay within my calories but I always go over on sugar (I need help). LOL! I think that is one of the main reasons why my belly fat is barely going down. I need to do better in this area.

Other that that, have a great day, ladies!
  • star08122005
    star08122005 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem I can't diet....I do also stay within my calories and some days it's really under but my sugar always gets me. Maybe that why my last little bit is not going away as fast as the rest of it.
  • caiti12
    caiti12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    tenag8ka73fo.jpg
  • Eles697
    Options
    Last night we tried my baby in His crib for the first time. It went fine, I think. He is only 2 months (9 weeks) but he gets around that crib and his angel care monitor didnt like it, so I will have to adjust that. It was nice to have a few evening hours not caring for a baby! Freedom! It is nerve wracking not having him in the room, but I think he will be fine...and I get to go up and down the stairs to feed him, so more steps on my step counter!