Firmware Update

Options
Anyone try the new firmware update that came out today?

I have UP2 and it seems, based off the Jawbone blog article that I got an email about after updating, that the UP3 & UP4 will continue to automatically track awake, falling asleep, light & deep sleep. It does NOT say the UP2 will - says it'll track falling asleep and awake. I'm wondering if it'll track the light & deep sleep.

See article: https://jawbone.com/blog/introducing-new-heart-rate-sleep-features/

Originally I got the UP2 because I didn't want/need HRM features, but wanted the sleep analysis. I hope I'm not going to loose out on that because of this update. Nervous to see what tomorrow morning looks like! :/

Anyone else going to update the firmware?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I did the firmware update. It just said you no longer have to put the UP2 into & out of sleep mode. It didn't say anything about sleep tracking.

However, deep & light sleep is just something Jawbone made up—so I wouldn't be surprised if they're getting rid of it. Fitbit just tells you how many times you woke, how many times you were restless, and the total minutes spent awake &/or restless.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    Ive been considering ditching Jawbone for Fitbit for months now... Maybe this will be the final push, hehe.
  • editorgrrl
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm awake. The only change I notice is the time to fall asleep says "N/A."
  • blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    Same here. Though I don't know how accurate the sleep start and stop time is though. It told me I woke up before I did. :/ Ah well. At least it still provides information so woo hoo!
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    Day 2 after the firmware update, it didn't log my sleep at all. I had to do it manually.
    I don't know how accurate the sleep start and stop time is though. It told me I woke up before I did.

In your feed, scroll down to the posting for that sleep and click the "Edit sleep" link at bottom left. Then click the "edit" box to the right of the sleep percentage.

If you clicked on the whole post rather than just the bottom left, click the "edit" link at center bottom.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    Today it didn't log my sleep either - had to manually do it. It had a suggestion of what it was so I just used that cause I have no idea when I went to bed :/ But none the less... Don't know if I like this or not yet! :P
  • ibelieve1968
    ibelieve1968 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mine is logging automaticall but the sleep end time seems to be off (eg woke up at 445 it says I woke up at 0509 even though it shows I'm awake) so I had to edit the end time. But I decided to streert sleep mode on my own through the app so I can get time to fall asleep info. It's still doing light and deep sleep though.