Happiness in Heaven

Options
I have a question. How can you be totally happy in Heaven if your family members who were not believers, even to their last, are not there with you but are suffering forever?

Replies

• HealthFitNow
    HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I have a question. How can you be totally happy in Heaven if your family members who were not believers, even to their last, are not there with you but are suffering forever?

Hi,

I just found this. I read it and decided to give you my take on it.

This is a great question. Since we are not clear on all aspects of heaven, we can't speak with 100% knowledge.

But these things are promises that God has made and I believe are trustworthy.

John 3:16 God so loved the world that he gave his only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
    (God loves the world--not just people we think are believers.)
    II Peter 3:9 But God is being patient with you. He does not want anyone to be lost, but he wants all people to change their hearts and lives. (We learn that God wants everyone of your family to be there in heaven with you and is patient enough to work with people until that day.)
    Luke 23:43 Jesus said to [the thief on the cross] him, “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.” (This teaches us that a life can be saved literally at the last second of life. You and I don't know what transpires in the hearts and minds of people as they die. So even if your family were to die, and you weren't certain of them being saved, it is still possible that God found a way to draw them to himself in a way that they confessed him as lord and savior at the moment of death)

God knows more than we do. God is not whimsical in his love of us and he uses Jesus and the Holy Spirit, to say nothing of all of us to draw people to God.

We know that heaven is a place that there is no crying or sorrow. That suggests that God has resolved that issue for us in a way that makes us all feel good, even though we can't figure out how God can make it happen. I trust God. God has been faithful to me, and I believe that God has a plan to work out all the details so that all things will work out okay.

Some day I'll tell you my Bad News, Good News story of how we escaped from Beirut Lebanon, just as the 1967 Six Day War began on Monday. Without money--we had only $1.45 US money. Without options. Without resources. We left Beirut, flew to Athens, Greece and God led us to Cyprus in a series of small miracles that a travel agent couldn't have orchestrated, including our last cost--a bus ride from Athens to the airport on Tuesday evening 48 hours later, the cost for three people, in Greek drakmas, amounted to $1.45. God's hand. God with us. Always.

I trust God. God promises heaven to be a place of glory and beauty, without tears. I trust that God will help your family get there.

I hope this helps. I have more stories, if you need to see how God works in lives. :)
  • kimbershep
    kimbershep Posts: 72
    Options
    I agree with Lyn. Awesome answer.