New to group, not to distance running

Options
MobyCarp
MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
I'm new on myfitnesspal, and new to this group. Don't know for sure how much I'll be hanging around; it depends in part on how active this group is or becomes.

I ran my first half in April 2014. Got a stress fracture of the metarsals after that, came back enough to salvage a half out of the entry fee I paid for the Rochester Marathon in September 2014. The original plan for 2015 was the Four Seasons Challenge, one half marathon in each season, while building a base of miles towards a first marathon in 2016. Building the base went so well that my pace group pushed me into running the Buffalo Marathon in May 2015.

Right now, I'm a week and a half from getting the 4th piece of the Four Seasons Medal at the Rochester Half. I have another half scheduled for November 1, and various shorter races along the way. I can't seem to fit a full marathon into my fall schedule, so my second full marathon will be Boston 2016. I'm more intimidated by the logistics of getting there than by the course or the training.