Recovery Sandals?? What do you think?

Options
So I've been seeing a lot about these different recovery sandals, what do you all think? Do you own a pair? Do you like them? Do they work in your opinion? Which ones do you have? thanks!

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Never heard of a recovery sandal. I'll take a look but my knee jerk reaction would be that some company has devised a way to separate people from their money. Running is a very basic and natural activity that humans have done for as long as humans have existed. How long have these sandals existed?
  • 5512bf
    5512bf Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Personally I hate to do anything after a long run that requires any footwear for several hours while I relax and recover. I've never used the sandals but I do use the compression recovery socks from CEP for a few hours after any runs of 12 miles or longer. I'm not sure if everyone would benefit from something like these or not but after several ankle and lower leg injuries that required surgery I do think they help keep some of the swelling & soreness down for me. At the end of the day if they work for you, that is what's important.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    I won a pair of recovery calf sleeves as a door prize during training for my first half. They were a big help after my first half, and totally unnecessary after my later halfs. I almost forgot about them after my first marathon, but they probably would have helped if I'd had them with me to put on after I showered.

I've never seen sandals specifically labeled "recovery." The local Fleet Feet sells Ooofos flip-flops that are reputed to be comfortable. As a male with large feet, I couldn't get them as flip-flops, but did buy a pair of Oofos clogs. They have good arch support, and they seem to have molded to my feet over time. They felt very, very good the day after I ran the Buffalo Marathon; but I don't think race recovery would be a sufficient reason to pay $40 or $45 for a pair of clogs. They do a good job of being comfy to wear around the house when my feet aren't up to handling being barefoot. But I think if I needed them regularly after running, I would be doing more than I should in training.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those who replied. @mobycarp basically the same as the Ooofos that you see at Fleet Feet. I can't get a good read on them, so I will pass. thanks!
  • SillyC2
    SillyC2 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what.... I went to a marathon expo the day after I ran about 36 miles in the forest.

I tried out a bunch of different "recovery" sandals and they all felt sooooo goooood. The one I really wanted to buy they didn't have in my size.

I was driving home from a hundred miler (DNF at 75) and all I could think every time I got out of the car to pee is how much I wished I had those sandals.
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    SillyC2 wrote: »
    I'll tell you what.... I went to a marathon expo the day after I ran about 36 miles in the forest.

I tried out a bunch of different "recovery" sandals and they all felt sooooo goooood. The one I really wanted to buy they didn't have in my size.

I was driving home from a hundred miler (DNF at 75) and all I could think every time I got out of the car to pee is how much I wished I had those sandals.

@sillyC2 just saw your reply, thanks. Sorry for the DNF. Which ones did you want?
  • SillyC2
    SillyC2 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I wanted a pair that looked like they were made out of a firm egg crate mattress.
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    SillyC2 wrote: »
    I wanted a pair that looked like they were made out of a firm egg crate mattress.

I've seen those. thanks!