What's on *your* GPS watch?

Options
2»

Replies

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    My watch (TomTom Cardio) only displays three fields at a time: two small, one large.
    The small numbers are always the same (unless there's an option I've missed), the only one that changes on the different screens is the large one. So not too many customisation options...

As small numbers I've set
    1. Average Pace
    2. Distance

, the default for the large number is
    3. Total time

... and after each lap (1 km) it vibrates and shoes the average lap pace for a few seconds.

My watch doesn't have fancy things like cadence, I don't really care about calories burned, but still, having another field might be nice, either for the current pace or the heart rate - now I have to press a couple of buttons to see either of them, which I usually can't be bothered to do.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Garmin Forerunner 635

For training (all on one screen):

Clock
    HR - 10second Pace - Cadence
    Timer - Distance
    Battery - GPS Signal

For Races (all on one screen)

Pace
    Timer - HR % of Max
    Distance

I also have a screen I can use to control the music on my phone for both races and training.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I like to keep it simple. On the default screen, I like to keep total distance and elapsed time, but I also don't like to look at it very much, so I've got it set up to beep at me each mile. BUT for any kind of interval run, I like to switch it up so that I see pace.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin 620.

Timer
    Pace
    Average pace
    Miles.

I have other screens, but this is the only one I use running.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin FR 630 and use these on the main screen, I rarely switch to other screens:

Distance
    Timer
    Pace
    Heart Rate
  • greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin FR 235 and use the the Single Run Field Data Screen download from Connect IQ on the first screen. It has:

Heart Rate
    Pace
    Cadence
    Timer
    Distance

On the the second I use:

Average Pace (Total run)
    Lap Time
    Lap Distance
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    @nikkiwolf
    You may change what is displayed on the two smaller numbers on the display with your TomTom. I typically display my overall average pace as the main number with total distance on the lower left and heart rate on the lower right.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @STrooper Thanks :)
    I guess I wasn't clear enough in what I was writing - I changed the two small numbers on my TomTom (average pace and total distance), and typically display the time as the main number. I would just love to have a fourth number (heart rate or current pace) visible at the same time, but that isn't possible. Guess I should have though about that before I bought the watch; but this is the first GPS watch I've ever used, so I didn't realise beforehand which numbers I would find useful. For a while now I've been secretly hoping my TomTom might break, so that I would have an excuse to buy a new watch which lets me display four things at once, but no such "luck" so far ;)
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    FR 220. Had it since end of November.

1. Distance
    2. Total Time
    3. Pace

I don't use the second screen. I know what button to press, though, if I want to check a lap.

And sometimes, on a new course, I'll log onto the Connect app and look at elevation, cadence, etc.

I stopped using the HR monitor after the first month. I didn't find it useful for me, personally.