What is everyone doing for exercise? Winging it, or do you have a plan?

Options
2»

Replies

• LadyScorpio67
    LadyScorpio67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Currently, I walk or interval (walk/jog) 3 to 4 miles a day. I have been in search of a gym because I need to start strength training, but also, winter weather will be arriving. I don't mind running in the rain, but snow and ice....not so much.
  • StrawberryDisco
    StrawberryDisco Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I mostly just walk a lot. I was doing some exercise videos but my temporarily overcrowded living situation is hindering that. My job requires me to move around all day and operate machinery and lift heavy things...then I do a lot of walking to get to bus stops and such so I'm always moving and not too worried about getting a serious workout in.

• ae92jay
    ae92jay Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Bike outdoors on the weekends until maybe -10c, Once it gets to cold switch to spin class on Saturday's, and maybe Sunday's.

Start cardio during the week (week #1)
    Work on core strength + weights (week #2 plus cardio)

After that not sure what my plan is yet.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I'm switching back and forth between jogging and Bellydance for cardio. Trying to start incorporating more strength exercises too.
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    im kicking back in with my exercise plan after a few weeks off. I commit to 3 times a week Monday weights and insanity class Wednesday is PT Friday is Circuit class that is my basic commitment to myself I then weather/work permitting try to fit in a run during my lunchtime on a Tuesday and or Thursday just 3 miles and will sometimes throw in a run at the weekends normally 4-6 miles but my basic commitment is workout 3 times a week
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I wing it for the most part. Usually my day consists of calisthenics and/or some sort of cardio/circuit training. I try to fit in a bike ride here and there but it's been too hot lately.
  • harpstermelissa
    harpstermelissa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started going to bootcamp. My weakness was not going to the gym consistently, so I joined bootcamp with some friends to make myself go!
  • SueCo1234
    SueCo1234 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Doing the Beachbody Slim in Six dvd Monday to Thursday morning before work, Friday morning step class - and relaxation at the weekend (although dancing sometimes features!).
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Currently winging it. I did a Whole30, but after that was done and even though I eventually plan to do another, for now there is no plan. Watching my calories and sugars, running and Bellydance for cardio and a little strength here and there for good measure.
  • kaysday
    kaysday Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    today im winging it... You start to realize just how many commercails come on television. I am getting up during evry commercial and doing a few jump and jacks, sit ups, jogging in place, etc Great way to put in more steps by the way
  • countrcowgirl
    countrcowgirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I tend to stay late lots in my job so I made a commitment to go to the gym in the morning. My gym opens at 6:00 am and I get there monday - Thursday when the doors open - I do 45 minutes of elliptical half an hour of weights and about 20 minutes of stretching and abs - I take Fridays off Saturday I do an hour on the elliptical and Sunday is 50 minutes at high tempo on the elliptical then weights. For me I need routine or I easily quit exercising - and I need to exercise to see success on the scales envy those of you that can wing it - my winging it is doing a different set in my weight routine lol
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have dedicated myself to hitting 10,000 steps each day. I can get to that with most any form of movement. If I try to be too regimented in a plan, it sets me up for failure. But, with this goal, I can meet it through dancing through Zumba, on the elliptical, or going for a walk....or through mowing and weeding the lawn, cleaning and chasing my kids, or walking through a museum. This definitely works for me and I hope to really incorporate it with this challenge!
    Hey! I do too, but since I'm on my feet all day at work, that my goal is 15,000 and 20,000 by Christmas, New Years. Very doable