Chat and Accoutnability 20-26 Sep

Options
Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
Happy Monday Folks. Not much going on, I'll just leave this here for ya...

Replies

• carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Busy day. No plans of a workout in sight. I'll start thinking on that. I've avoided the scale for about a month. I got a false sense of security when my pants were a little loose a few weeks back. Now my pants are very, very tight. Some don't fit. I don't think it's time to pull out the scale. I'm going to work on it first. (Sigh)
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Completely unrelated to weight loss but I wanted to share something that happened yesterday. Just want to spread the word and make people aware.
    The building I live in had 4 units robbed yesterday. My unit and the 'empty' one next to me weren't hit, apparently because I was home (my car was the only one in the driveway). It seems that this was very well planned. No idea how many people were involved but one of the owners had a small safe removed from his house (it was bolted to the floor). I was home (in the basement) but yet I didn't realize any of this was going on! I completely feel terrible for my neighbors and guilty for not knowing what happened until I got a call form one of them when they got home. So now of course I'm freaking out because of what I have in my basement. So I'll be making a new purchase very soon.

Thankfully despite properly being stolen, nobody was hurt as the four units were unoccupied (and nobody tried to come into mine). Now, I do carry at home or have something right next to me on my desk. It's sad to think that this has now become the norm for me (although fortunately I was doing this BEFORE yesterday so I'm not just reacting to what happened). Although I have made some temporary changes in my home security and will be looking to make some permanent ones as well. All of us owners will be talking about what we can do as a whole (one of the owners has a larger family with multiple vehicles so it's difficult to know how might be roaming around sometimes).

Just wanted to let people know what happened and to watch out for anything unusual. My area isn't a high crime area but obviously that doesn't matter. Heck, with the Section 8 housing all of the neighborhood, I never figured anything would happen here. Apparently that wasn't the case. This was a more professional operation for sure as they targeted a building that is normally empty during the weekdays.

Be safe, outside AND inside your homes.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Cynthia, you don't need a prescription and I got it on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y34E9ZQ?psc=1

I had a carb nite, it wasn't planned nut I just wanna eat and my fasting glucose was 99!!

Carol, its probably water retention why don't you try going ULC for a week and see if your pants fits better, that way at least you'll know its just water weight and not real weight gain ;)

Jen, you shouldn't feel guilty for what the bad people did. We were broken once and we live in a nice quiet suburb. We have a home alarm but we were rushing out, didn't set the alarm and forgot to lock the patio door. We think that they we interrupted them and/or they are just kids looking for loose items to steal, nothing was taken so we were lucky. One of neighbors got robbed during Christmas, someone pulled a moving truck to their driveway and took basically EVERYTHING. After that incident, we've yet forgot to lock door and set the alarm. When we leave for trips, we set the lights to a timer. Also we have nice neighbors that will take our trash can in and keep an eye out. I think getting motion lights on the outside, and sound alarm activated by motion if you don't have a house alarm. Security cameras are very affordable as well, in the event that you were robbed at least you'll have video evidence to help aid the police and maybe retrieve your stolen property. If you rent, Get rental insurance and take a video of your place detailing your assets, if you own, do the video as well and talk to your agent about your policy and update your assets if need to. Does it covers damages in case of a robbery? When my neighbor was burglarized, they ripped out the electronics and they have a lot drywall damage. Last Christmas, there was a string of burglaries in upscale neighborhoods, they ring and knock on the doors, if nobody answers, they ram the door in and grab the presents and whatever is lying around.
    So stay safe and hope you'll find a solution soon.
  • heronh
    Options
    Good Morning, be kind to yourself and don't compare yourself to body shop image that the media has been force feeding us. Embrace your uniqueness! rfcl92dzgbvr.jpg
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi all, things are going good here this week. Carol I'm with you, if you can stand it hold off on the scale and just do some damage control. The scale can make us feel like crap and then we dig a deeper hole. Jennifer it sucks to have to worry about that, I have had my car broke into several times but never the house. We have a couple of dogs so at least we are well warned of people when we are home. That does not always stop them when your not home though.
  • heronh
    Options
    Howie, that sucks about your car. The day that we got broken in, we had our dogs with us and I felt thankful. Our dogs are extremely friendly I mean seriously friendly and not even territorial, but nonetheless on the bigger side and I thought what if they decided to hurt the dogs? :s
    How's your biking going?
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Still around, just been a tough year. Yall may remember we lost our daughter back in the spring. We got expecting again over summer and then found out it was going to be twins. Everything was looking great, couple of really good appointments, strong heartbeats on both. Got set up to go see the high risk dr who handles twin pregnancies. Went to see him and when they did an ultrasound there were no heartbeats.

The Bible says in Proverbs "hope deferred maketh the heart sick" and that sums up it for me. Hard to stay focused on health and things when you feel a bit run over. But we trust that God has a plan and reasons for everything, so now I just need to get re focused. And to be honest I am almost as heavy as I have ever been. So I gotta get back after it.

Sorry to have to tell a sad story, but that's where I have been. Back in this thing now, and going to kick harder than ever. Have a Run-n-Gun to prep for and also deer season is just around the corner. Nice to see you guys still around!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Thursday Folks. Hope all is well with all of you. Things have been rollin along here. Midway through my first series on the Altshift plan. i got a Fitbit Charge HR. Liking many of the feature no liking that FB and MFP integration is poor. Otherwise the HR info is useful over time. and matches with my polar strap fairly well during exercise so pretty cool. still like my flex for certain things liek when I'm lifting, or walking with Map my Fitness on.

Kevin - My commiserations on such hard days. Let your focus be your strength,

Howie, Great work you're doing up in Ohio lad. U be Jammin'!

Heron - Great Attitude with the pic. and That would be my worry if someone broke in with JT Dogg here. He'd meet them at the door and ask if he could help.

Carol, remember we are mostly made of water, The tide rolls in and out, and there are waves to boot. Find yourself some happy time and do a bit of what makes you happy.
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear of the rough times Kevin. I can't imagine what that must be like. We have to keep going but that's not always easy.

Heron, I have been biking daily and taking two days off a week with a few exceptions but going pretty strong. I probably have 400 miles on the new tires now so I think I'm good to go.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Saturday Folks. Hope all is well with all of you.

Keep it rollin Howie!
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday. Got a stationary bike, should make getting some extra exercise is much easier.
  • carolssalva
    Options
    Hey Guys. Not sure where my post from earlier today went. (??)
    Kevin, I am so sorry. I am keeping you and your wife in my prayers. I can see why you were MIA for a while. Let us know how your bike goes. We are having fun following Howie's biking. We can follow your mileage also even if its from your living room. :)

Jen- I got our house broken into a few years back. Horrific experience. Thanks for the reminder to secure ourselves as much as possible.

Heron - Love the pic of the gal talking to her body. My body needs to listen to that.

Hammer - saw you got your airfare for Vegas. WOO HOO! Here we go!

So who else is in?? SUPER excited to meet Heron and reconnect with Aurturo and Jen. And our Captain Hammer Jammer of course!!
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    I'm very excited to see Carol and John again, as well as meet Lisa, Heron & Auturo. I'm not sure I've been able to talk Kris or DebSue into making the trip so I guess they'll just have to watch the videos! Hehehe...
  • carolssalva
    Options
    8anvt183dhdi.jpg
    October??