Recommendations for us!

Options
KarlaYP
KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
I've suffered from various forms of chronic pain for eighteen years! I have fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease in my spine with some bulging discs in my lower and upper back, as well as my neck, and suffer with. Chronic migraines. I've been told by medical professionals that if I lose weight, I will feel better. They are wrong! I lost 110 pounds and saw no improvement in my pain! Terribly frustrating!

In March of this year I began eating a Low carb high fat diet for weight loss efforts (once again). The greatest benefit to this way of eating (accidental) has been the decrease in pain! I now know that carbs have been the driving factor in my pain, like poison for me. This has been amazing motivation that I've never been able to achieve! Will keep me eating this way for life!

Some think that giving up carbs is too hard, or they will feel deprived of the foods they love. I ask though, why would you love something when you know it can cause pain...? That, is motivation and it never hurts to try!

I challenge each of you to just 60 days of trying low carb high fat (there is an amazing group here on mfp that have helped me every step of the way!). It goes against everything we have been taught about nutrition, but I have learned that the US government has steered us wrong,, for years! What's sixty days? You would know by then if it works for you too! People are gaining their lives back (including me!)!

We all deserve to not hurt and if eating a certain way can change that, why not try?
Good luck everyone! :smiley: