Topomax

Options
Shannota
Shannota Posts: 312 Member
After being on phentermine for almost a year, my body has gotten used to it. I have remained stable for the past few months. I talked to my doctor this morning and he recommended adding Topomax, so basically Qsymia. So far, I am feeling much better already...which is good because I have another 5 pounds to lose. Anyone else been this route?

Replies

• ninamfoss
    ninamfoss Posts: 9
    Options
    Yes, I start Topomax today! Im unsure of its effects. How are you doing on it? With Phen I feel amped up, energetic, but lately it seems to not be as effective so Dr. recomended Topomax too. Side effects can cause you to be sleepy but take out hunger? So I hope it kills the things I dont like about phen, such as some days I feel to high! Get dizzy and moody.
  • getitmartinez13
    Options
    Ive never heard of Topomax. I might have to ask my dr about it. Can you get it over the counter? or by prescription only? I do have to admitt when I first used phentermine , i was MOOOODDYYY!. I would fight and get angry over the smallest things, I was a crabby patty for sure! but as my body got used to it, i mellowed out alot! I still get dizzy from time to time , I always make sure I drink my water and eat. but Im thinking of trying the topomax, do you take it with phentermine?
  • weezieweeks
    weezieweeks Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What dosages are you taking? Right now I am taking a Phen 30 and 1/2 of a 37.5 tab and 25 of Topiramate until yesterday, now I take 50mg of Topiramate 4 hours after I get up.