How to break a plateau

Options
Hey girls, I'm 3 1/2 months post op and I keep going up and down between 2 and 3 pounds.. I can't seem to break this cycle and get a positive weight loss moving again.. It is very discouraging.. :( I even tried to go back to phase 1. Any suggestions?

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Have you called your surgeon's nutritionist? I know all centers are different, but I know the first call I'd make would be to her! (still pre-op, or I'd have better ideas...) :smiley:
  • danielledavies1674
    Options
    I'm in the same position
    Annoying!!!
  • azarellanos
    azarellanos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm just two weeks post op and yesterday hit my usual plateau. In typical form I'm up a pound over yesterday. This is the one I've never been able to breakthrough. It has to break this time. My calories are low but I'm going to cut more carbs.
  • thisfathasgot2go
    thisfathasgot2go Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Are you pooping regularly? I could be a build up?
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with the same thing. Have you had any luck?
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @overit75, how long have you been stuck? Plateaus are very natural and we will all see them often. Sometimes, just waiting it out works. Or, mix things up with your foods. If you typically eat low carb, try adding a few high carb days. Restrict or increase your calories a few days. Try mixing up your workout routine.
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I did a lot of reflecting yestersay and realized how off track i let myself get. So i am starting back at the basics for a few days