CLX or Combat?

Options
Currently I do TurboFire and love it! I try to incorporate Jillian for strength but I cannot stand her workouts. Thinking about buying CLX or Combat, but I want good music. Or should I wait for T25? Any thoughts?

Misty :)

Replies

• GregJourney
    GregJourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have both and I love combat, bearly notice the music on Chalean Extreme
  • jujunnaichi
    Options
    I've done CLX before. The training is a mix of cardio and weight lifting. On the other hand, Combat is mostly cardio. If your deciding factor is the music, Combat is better.
  • jenndelgado
    jenndelgado Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've tried both and although I didn't finish combat I could tell you that the music is definitely better. It is more cardio based though. If you want strength I'd say CLX but if you want good music and to continue the kickboxing route combat is it.
  • lisamfick
    lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I just finished TF and started a CLX hybrid. You can turn the music on and hear it but it's not a huge pump you up loud. However she is really great with giving the tips you need when you need them so I haven't really minded not having that option. I think it's a great addition to anyone who loves TurboFire. It's only been a few days but I'm already noticing changes in my strength and I really need to tone so I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is the answer :)
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Chalean all the way! I love her!
  • LadyQue25
    LadyQue25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just finishing Combat! Great program. Lots of cardio, kicking and punching. Plyo is a killer but worth it.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've completed Combat and I'm doing T25 now. If music is your deciding factor, then definitely go with Combat. The Combat routines are designed around and choreographed to the music. In T25, like Insanity or Asylum, the music is background. You have the option to "turn it up" in T25, but the routines aren't choreographed to the music like they are in Combat.
    Both are awesome cardio programs, but, also, if you want some weights incorporated, again, I would go wth Combat. You have a couple of the routines (Upper Body Blow Out and HIIT Power) that incorprate some weights. It is still 90% cardio, but those two routines do add weights to it.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    You like Chalene, so I'd go with CLX - I'm about half way through a CLX/ Turbofire hybrid and it is awesome.

She is SUPER motivating in CLX, you won't even notice the music until she starts singing along to a bit of it.

Also, adding lifting into your routine can only be a good thing.

I haven't tried Combat, but it sort of seems like it would be a good switch for Turbofire, rather than it being your strength work?
  • PeloMichelle
    PeloMichelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Combat!! I have done CLX and really enjoyed it but am having a blast with Combat! I have also done Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. Combat is very similar to those programs but I feel so bad-a** when I'm done with Combat :)