One year of stronglifts

Options
psych101
psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
Hi all!
Yep, one whole year on SLs!! What can I say, I love the simplicity, I love the progression and I love the effects!
I've spent the last year swinging between lifting in a deficit and lifting at maintenance. I've hit 245lbs for deadlift which is my most impressive number!!

These days I add in supersets at the end but still love the nuts and bolts of the programme!!

Some pics from beginning of SLs compared to this morning - hopefully you can see a change!!

21ax76lseky8.jpeg

yuxs4zdng00y.jpeg

And from the beginning of NROLFW to now

5wertm65i9f4.jpg

Replies

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    WOW!

You look amazing... great results!
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You look so great! Can't wait until I have a year under my belt. Keep on keepin' on, girl!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Woah, that's some downright impressive progress! And now I feel like I'll have to push just that much further in my workout this morning.

Thanks for the fitspiration boost! :)

(One day I'll have something to show aside from the lifts too! One day! lol)
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Love it! Congrats on the progress and WTG on sticking with it for a whole year!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    congratulations on a whole year. and those pictures . . . most definitely. "see a change", hah. not just your figure, but your posture as well. huge difference.
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    So awesome!!!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Agreed. You look awesome. Well done!
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! I will be approaching one yr of Stronglifts mid October. My after is not as impressive as yours! I'm trying to lose the post-preg jiggly fat around my naval. I want abs like yours!
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    So inspiring!!
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    Amazing results! I will be approaching one yr of Stronglifts mid October. My after is not as impressive as yours! I'm trying to lose the post-preg jiggly fat around my naval. I want abs like yours!

Ditto!
    All that I have left to lose is my squishy belly!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Do you mind if I ask you a question? Your abs look fantastic! Did you end up with any loose or saggy skin that you had to deal with? If you did, what did you do to get rid of it because you look absolutely amazing!
  • psych101
    Options
    Hi ladies
    Thank you all so much for your kind words. I absolutely love and have thrived on stronglifts!

Ive been incredibly lucky in terms of loose skin. Ive lost 120lbs in total from my highest ever weight in high school. I lost that really slowly over the course of about three years. I then had a baby and had to start almost all over again lol. This time around I've lifted the entire time. I eat a *kitten* load of protein. I do have loose skin at the base on my stomach that cannot be seen when I'm wearing pants. Ive never shown anyone this but here it is

abhze2ajez01.jpeg
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Your dedication in inspiring!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    That is nothing! You have done extremely well! I am trying to use peptides which supposedly tighten skin but I have had no visible change. The only product I found was Regenerist made by Olay. My husband doesn't mind I don't think he even really notices. You look amazing!
  • psych101
    Options
    only just saw this response - thanks all

I'm not sure if anything added to the outside can help with tightening skin - I've made my main focus these past months to get lean, and to really determine if what I thought was loose skin was actually loose skin, or was fat that I still needed to lose. In most cases I still needed to lose more fat and the skin has adjusted.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look amazing and you totally inspire me.

Just curious, did you just stick to SL alone or did you add any cardio to your workouts?

I would love to get your input regarding food and meal plans because when it comes down to it, food may be my downfall. As my gym instructor once told me that 90% of calories lost is what we eat. I try to eat clean.

• psych101
    Options
    @dcresider thank you so much lovely x

I stuck to SLs with some added accessories at the end - I've run maybe a handful of times in the past year. Id rather stick needles in my eyes than do cardio beyond walking!

With regard to food. I follow IIFYM. I'd say I eat semi-clean? I know that I get more bang for my calorie buck if I choose foods that are 'cleaner' than others, but I also make room for treats every single day. I trade my carbs around too haha

I basically aim for the following per lb of bodyweight
    0.8g protein
    0.4g fat
    rest is carbs...delicious delicious carbs lol

I've monitored my calorie intake and my resulting weight loss for a number of years so I have a sweet spot that is around 10-15% below what I think my TDEE is. Some days I go under, others I hit maintenance.

Oh and the scale is a *kitten*!!

• dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    @psych101 - I totally agree about the scale. It seems every time I get on and weight myself on that darn thing, I'm slightly up. And I know what you're thinking, yes I should measure myself, but I know when my clothes are a bit snug, I know I'm eating more than my TDEE. I try for 1.0g of protein although I don't always make my protein intake and tend to eat a bit more. Maybe that's my problem.

I'm also the opposite of you when it comes to cardio. LOVE my running although I've been pretty lax since doing SL.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! How long have you been lifting? I see you've done SL for a year, how long did you do NROLW?