ROCKtober

Replies

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Congrats Jill on getting back under 130 (and saw you're even lower today)! I'm definitely going to need some arm work too.

Great job on that milestone @MsMarlaJean. You do have to balance BMI, but it's a starting point for an idea of healthy weight. It's great to no longer be in the "obese" category. Soon you'll be back in the "healthy" category. Hope Cardio Boxing was a blast!

Way to go Jools on the loss! Official weigh in as healthy weight. Hoping I'll be joining you in that category by the end of the month.

@smontes16 , I'm sure you're swamped with wedding a little over a week away. Hope all the last preparations are going well and you're pleased with your progress. Don't forget to let us know how everything went and share any lessons learned (and pictures!).

Keep up the great work everyone! Sounds like everyone is off to a pretty good start to ROCKING October.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    100 minutes done for 10/8 & 10/9 :+1: Woo-hoo!

that leaves 505 minutes to go to reach my goal of 1000! At this rate I'm gonna be increasing that goal number :wink:

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    Congrats ladies :) Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, keep logging and work towards your goals.
  • MsMarlaJean
    Another 165 minutes done 10/10 & 10/12.

Only 340 minutes to go until I reach my goal for ROCKTOBER! Gonna have to up it by the end of this week because if I stick to plan I'll only have 25 minutes left by Sunday...Hmmm...thinking about how much to increase my goal to... :mrgreen:
  • brisingr86
    I'm checking in with week 2.
    SW (Oct 1): 156.8 (probably inflated from a big dinner out the night before)
    W1 (Oct 8): 154.8
    W2 (Oct 15): 154.8

I had apple crisp for dinner last night and have been a little loose on my eating habits (also ToM), so I'm ok with maintaining this week. I still failed pretty miserably on working out, but I did discover I probably set some of my goals too low. This morning was my first strength work in months and my first run in almost 2 weeks.
    Goblet squat: Goal 45; CW 35 (light to moderate effort), increasing goal to 60 by end of month
    OH Press, Bench Press, Rows: Goal 25 each arm; CW 12 (couldn't find a 15 or 20 at the moment; doubled reps with 12 was about right), keeping goal as is, but stretch goal is 30/arm
    Deadlift: Goal 30 in each arm dumbbells; CW 60 on a bar, increasing goal to 90lb bar
    5k: Goal: <40 min; CT 38:09, new goal <35 min
    Plank: Goal 2 min; CT 1 min, keeping goal as is

I finally resolved to go back to morning workouts. Hoping I can stick with it (choice between getting the couch time with the fiance to watch our shows together in the evening or sleeping later; I chose I'll make myself go to bed earlier and get up to do the workout in the morning so I can still chill with him in the evening [and less opportunity for evening functions to interfere]). I'm going to keep on this until Thanksgiving and then will re-evaluate if I need to give up evening shows and workout in the evening if I'm more consistent.

How did everyone else do this week?
    Seen in the status updates that Jill's on a losing streak (the good kind; and the dress looks amazing!). How are the squats and such going? Do you use weights or just body weight?
    Jools, how is your strength training going? Staying under 160? I've probably asked before, but what kind of workouts do you use for your strength program?
    Marla Jean is doing awesome burning the minutes and the calories. Did you decide what to increase your goal to? Since you just about finished in half month, do you push for 2000 minutes? Or just double whatever you've achieved today and try to match the 2nd half of the month to the first half?
    Good luck to SMontes with nuptials coming up this weekend. I hope everything goes smoothly and is a beautiful beginning to a wonderful lifetime with your new spouse.
  • CostaRica120
    edited October 2015
    SW: 132.4
    W1: 129.8
    W2: 130.4

Still trying to shed the pounds from the weekend (Thanksgiving up here in Canada). It's been dropping off all week at like a lb per day, so I know most of the gain/loss is all water weight.

My next fitting is on November 11th. Ideally, I'd like to be at 125 by then.

Squats are still happening everyday, but not very many and just here and there throughout the day I'll knock out 10 or 20 any time I get a chance (mostly body weight, but I'll grab a kettle bell or whatever when I'm in my home gym).

I was honestly shocked that my butt has totally disappeared since last time I tried on my dress. I kinda knew because my hip measurements have gone down a lot and it was looking kinda flat, while my waist stayed the same, but it's gone! The seamstress even said, "you have a small butt" :( I feel like overall the dress looks fab, but I want a bit more booty to make it sexier...that's the whole point of a fit and flare, right? Need those curves. I honestly might end up resorting to spanx with butt pads. Never thought not having a butt would be an issue for me, haha!

Good on you for committing to the morning workouts, Sarah! I can barely wake up to get to work on time lately :(
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Ha, so I went to a wedding in Dublin. Total blow out Monday to Weds, back on track now but probably not going to weigh for a week or so! Gains demoralise me :) A guy at the wedding did ask if I pump iron, and what my squat weight is!

I've had to drop a couple of workouts, but mostly I do body pump, sometimes LBT, sometimes body attack
    I found a weights programme a while ago and use that at least once a week with 20 mins of uphill interval sprints. The weights are squats 3 sets of 8, bench press, should press, shrugs, bicep curls, tricep extensions and then some canter lever stomach exercises with legs out and wreight over head.
    Then at home I search you tube for 20-30 minute kettle bell routines and do that with a 12kg kettle bell.

Keep rocking october everyone else! thinking of dress shopping on the 30th :open_mouth:
  • Fitforevermore
    oh yeah, deadlifts and rows too.
  • Fitforevermore
    been keeping my steps up, as inspired by Jill! Taking the stairs and long way round everything!
  • MsMarlaJean
    224 minutes done for 10/13, 10/14, 10/15 & 10/16

Raised my goal to 1600 minutes. :grimace:

If I did the math correctly, that leaves 716 minutes to go to reach my new goal... :+1:
  • MsMarlaJean
    205 minutes done for 10/17, 10/18 & 10/19 :+1:

511 minutes to go :tongue:
  • MsMarlaJean
    did an additional 55 minutes tonight, so now I'm at 456 minutes left :smiley:
  • brisingr86
    Way to go Marla Jean! You totally have this.
  • MsMarlaJean
    THANKS @brisingr86 !

109 minutes for 10/20 and 10/21 leaving 347 minutes to my 1600 minute goal.
  • Fitforevermore
    im bombing this month :( mmm pumpkin cheescake ben and jerrys. Ok, but back on it. Just hoping now to be 158 again by the end of the month. Not weighing until then, too scared :( Although a lady at the gym I hadn't seen for a while said I had lost weight and was looking good, so that remotivated me a bit! Still thinking of wedding dress shopping on the 30th.
  • CostaRica120
    W3: 131.6

Bummer!
    Really thought I'd be down this week, but I guess I haven't been eating 100% and wasn't very active for a few days.
  • Fitforevermore
    so I dared to weigh, this is progress for me, when I have blips I usually don't weigh and then get pretty lax!
    Sw:161
    w1:158
    w3: 160

So still down, and if I can get back to 158 by next week its still a healthy weight range by the end of the month, although will only be a 3lbs loss. Doing ok!
  • MsMarlaJean
    Oops haven't checked in for awhile...
    October 22 thru today October 26 (so far) I have done 320 minutes!

Leaving me 27 minutes to reach my 1600 minute goal! Looks like I might have to bump it up again for this last week...I guess I will shoot for an additional 300 minutes bringing my goal up to 1900 for the month of October.
  • CostaRica120
    W3: 131.6
    W4: 132.4

Well this month was a bust, lol! Going back off added sugars to see if that helps! I've been craving and being a bit crazy around food lately. I feel a lot of pressure because I REALLY want to be at 125 for my wedding...and since I have my next fitting on Nov 11th, I feel like it would be good to be as close to that as possible.
    I've done quite well this year, so I am trying to remember that, but it's hard when I feel like I am so close to achieving my goal.
  • CostaRica120
    Oh, and I'm going to do a final official weigh-in for the month on Saturday.