Running friends?

Options

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Anyone using Garmin Connect can add me as well. I'm also dewd2 there.

@cheshirecatastrophe - Peace and Love B)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm an old guy who is not as fast as I once was. So I can always a push, or a friend to commiserate with.
  • brenstar05
    brenstar05 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a way to add friends right from this thread. I'm also a runner... I have completed countless 5ks, 10ks and about 6 half marathons. Last year I completed the Dopey Challenge at Walt Disney World and can proudly attest that the challenge is aptly named. I am training for my first "real" marathon this April. Please add me, if I don't get to you first. Love hearing more stories and support from fellow pavement pounders!! :blush:
  • nukephysicist
    nukephysicist Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Bring it. o7ew38j5eo9z.jpg
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for some more running friends. I've completed a few halfs and I'm currently training for my first full. The full is a trail marathon so I've been transitioning to trail running.
  • RBrigzy
    RBrigzy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hello there, running friends needed to encourage, advise, and get me to my first half marathon in May 2016 and the a full one in October 2016. Complete novice but enthusiastic! :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've been a poor friend lately (not that interactive), but I'm always happy to friend runners. I am currently working on my supposedly brilliant plan of training for a late Feb marathon over the winter. It's my second, but my first was way back in 2005. I've done several half marathons (love that distance!) and am doing one tomorrow (plus some additional miles).

I'm not fast at all, but usually enthusiastic.
  • karlydaniels
    karlydaniels Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've been running for a few years now, completed my first marathon last year (Manchester) and now in training again for Manchester and London marathon.

I'm a busy mum of 2, a student and I have a job so squeeze in running where I can really. I miss being able to run in a running club as I now train on my own really other than park runs on a Saturday.

Please feel free to add me, I love having a nosey at other people's food diaries
  • blondierunner2015
    blondierunner2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Add me! I NEED running friends
  • karlydaniels
    karlydaniels Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me too! Virtual if not IRL :#
  • marsairforce
    marsairforce Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a runner, and looking for running friends.
    Please welcome to add me too.
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me too. I'm just returning from injury, but have been running a few years, favorite distance being Half probably, but I sort of loved my one Full I completed as well. Hoping for a repeat in December of this year :)
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Huge goal this year, my bucket list of a full marathon. Think I'm crazy but going for it anyway. My second ever half booked for March then full September. Already started increased running weekly miles. I need help..
  • iruninva
    iruninva Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @hyg99 - I think we're all crazy. LOL!

@iruninva - I run in Virginia sometimes too. Live in Maryland, work in Northern VA and run on the GW Parkway trail on a semi-regular basis. :) Especially in the winter when the days are shorter. :) I used to live in the Hampton Roads area until the MD move. You don't happen to run in northern VA, do you?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I ran in Annapolis back in November. I'll probably run in Annapolis this November. I may run more then a 10k...at some point. I am a horrible MFP running friend. I will encourage people though. My last attempt at a half ended with injury. Some day, some time, before I turn 80....a half is coming off the bucket list.
  • iruninva
    iruninva Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @JustSomeEm I am in south central VA, about an hour SW of Richmond. I'm running the Shamrock half in VA Beach in March. Have you ever run it?
  • JustSomeEm
    Options
    iruninva wrote: »
    @JustSomeEm I am in south central VA, about an hour SW of Richmond. I'm running the Shamrock half in VA Beach in March. Have you ever run it?

No, but it sounds like fun. I'll have to look it up. :)
  • JustSomeEm
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    I ran in Annapolis back in November. I'll probably run in Annapolis this November. I may run more then a 10k...at some point. I am a horrible MFP running friend. I will encourage people though. My last attempt at a half ended with injury. Some day, some time, before I turn 80....a half is coming off the bucket list.

@_Terrapin_ - I'm probably doing a 10 or 15 K in Annapolis in March (Get Pumped for Pets), and I did the Across the Bay 10K with a friend of mine in November - it was a much larger race than I like to deal with, but it was totally awesome getting to run the bridge. Are you local?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

@_Terrapin_ - I'm probably doing a 10 or 15 K in Annapolis in March (Get Pumped for Pets), and I did the Across the Bay 10K with a friend of mine in November - it was a much larger race than I like to deal with, but it was totally awesome getting to run the bridge. Are you local?

South Central PA--the bridge run was awesome. We run it with a group of friends the past 2 years. It is a large race but very well run and Annapolis is a pretty cool town. Have you decided which distance to run in March?