Meal plan

Options
ck1227
ck1227 Posts: 33 Member
along with working out as many days per week I can I really try to meal plan our dinners. It helps with our budget, I can plan healthy meals and eliminates any dinner wondering stress. Anyone else meal plan? Whats for dinner this week?

I work part time & my older son plays baseball so I often double recipes so we can have leftovers.
Chili +
Pork Loin +
Bacon Chicken +
Hot Dogs (still baseball season for us)

Replies

• WildGing
    WildGing Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I plan and shop for the week every Saturday. It's super helpful for minimizing those "I'm hungry, let's just order pizza" nights. This week we're having -

Chili (BIG pot to make lunches for the week)
    Buffalo chicken salad
    Turkey meatloaf
    Roasted chicken & root vegetables
    Pork chops, pierogies, and glazed carrots
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    This week it's:

Lower carb lasagna (only have noodles on the bottom layer for a bit of noodles without too many carbs) - this is good for at least 2 meals at my house plus some leftovers for a couple lunches

Italian beef (beef roasts on sale so a great time to make a crockpot full) - this will be dinner at least twice plus a couple lunches as well

Grilled steaks with sauted vegetables - grill burgers or hotdogs for the kids as neither will eat steak (they don't know what they are missing but good for the budget lol)

• nmwade0927
    nmwade0927 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You are so lucky - my daughter is in kindergarten and when her teacher asked what her favorite food is....you guessed it, STEAK! If her taste is expensive at 5, imagine where it will go from here ;-)
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I do meal plan and it helps so much. I don't meal plan the weekend since that's when we have family over. I actually have a calendar for this.
    Monday: leftovers
    Tuesday: chicken soup
    Wednesday; hot dogs
    Thursday: chicken patties
    Friday: pizza
  • ck1227
    Options
    nmwade0927 wrote: »
    You are so lucky - my daughter is in kindergarten and when her teacher asked what her favorite food is....you guessed it, STEAK! If her taste is expensive at 5, imagine where it will go from here ;-)

Smart girl ; ) I love steak & it has been my fav since her age lol
  • ck1227
    Options
    Nice to see others meal plans & their dinners. I've already started using this post to fill in some of our October calendar
  • nmwade0927
    nmwade0927 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    my favorite meal of the day is dinner - so I plan out the dinners my family and I enjoy and work my breakfast and lunch schedule around as required to avoid going over points (if required) but we also meal plan. I do 2 weeks worth of dinners at one time and then put them on a list. The day before (or sometimes of) someone picks what they want for that night! Last night we had beef & noodles, tonight is homemade pizza. All while staying under 1200 calories (plus my workout calories :smiley: ) we have everything from chicken/rice, salmon/veggies, stuffed peppers, BLTs, Chili & Grilled Cheese to spaghetti/lasagna on there! The biggest trick is understanding the calories you are eating so you enjoy without over-indulging!
  • asl85
    asl85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I kind of plan meals. On the weekend I buy and prepare food for the week which includes baby's food, my breakfast, lunch and snacks, and 3 dinners for hubby and I. I usually freeze meals to put in the slow cooker for nights that I know he will be home for dinner. This week I have 3 meals ready to go: slow cooker take on lasagna (tortellini, sauce, and mozzarella) with broccoli or string beans, ground turkey mixed with mushrooms and onions, and lemon chicken with broccoli or string beans. I keep brown rice in the pantry as well.
  • mrsambitious
    mrsambitious Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This group is just for me. I've been struggling trying to find a way to come with a good meal plan for a house of 6. My kids are playing basketball, one just finished volleyball.,and I have 2 cheerleaders. Plus I work from home so it's a night mare in house. The meal plans that you guy's have are awesome.

• Noot30
    Noot30 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I meal plan too, before I do the weekly shop, otherwise I end up buying all this food, and no actual meals... I love the planning (not sure if that makes me a little strange), but means I can control what we all eat (husband, and 2 children) and change portion sizes for all of us so it fits my calorie goal. Not so organised that I make meals and freeze.