Reflective/illumination gear

Options
2»

Replies

• MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @kristinegift - That selection should see you through the season of running in the dark quite well. Other than replacing batteries, you should be all set for years.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I was injured last winter and never even thought of this necessity, thanks everyone for the prompt to get ordering from reflective stuff!
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I saw someone running in NOXGEAR the other night as I came home in the dark. I was very impressed with the visibility. Yes, a little expensive but it is also very visible.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I took some of your recommendations and picked up the Amphipod reflective "vest". Seems to work very well (pic below is of me at about 20' from the flash of my phone). I have a clip-on stobe light I wear on the back and the Nathan LED band I mentioned above that I wear on my shin just below my knee. Judging by how much room cars gave me, I think I've got the "be seen" part down, still working on the "see" part though.

x0jj6ft6vcmv.jpg
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm in the military and I get issued reflective belts. They work pretty great.
  • jchite84
    jchite84 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Dritz-651-Reflective-Tape-Gray/dp/B001B9I1KA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448380377&sr=8-1&keywords=iron+on+reflective+tape

I bought a few rolls of this stuff and just started ironing it on everything I wear when I run. It works well and is pretty cost effective.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    STrooper wrote: »
    I saw someone running in NOXGEAR the other night as I came home in the dark. I was very impressed with the visibility. Yes, a little expensive but it is also very visible.

If you are interested in the NOXGEAR they are having $20 off today Cyber Monday. https://www.noxgear.com/