Couple Riding to a Group Ride Gets Hit by a Car

Options
KaktusJaque
KaktusJaque Posts: 141 Member
This is something that is always on my mind as it is with most road riders I'm sure. Just a few weeks ago a car passed me so close at a high rate of speed that the vacuum nearly took me down. I no longer ride on that road, a superstition I guess. Keith Anfenson and his wife are from the same town as I am in Buckeye AZ. Keith is an awesome person and very fun to converse with. I call Keith a KOM hunter because he likes to seek out my KOMs and take them from me, then taunts me when I try to take them back, all jokingly of course. Keith and his wife Catherine were on their way to the weekly Saturday group ride when they both were hit from behind by a car. Both Keith and Catherine suffered serious injuries. They have one child and both are now not able to work to pay bills and will not be able to do so for quite some time. Their daughter is being taken care of other family members. A gofundme site has been set up for them and if you feel up to it, please give any amount to help them in their long road to recovery. Their gofundme page can be found at this link https://www.gofundme.com/3754k72g I thank anyone who can give any mount, and also thank anyone that can say any prayers for them.