Introduce Yourself!

Options
124»

Replies

• lorabelllee
    lorabelllee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Lora and I'll be 57 in January so probably one of the oldest in the group if not THE oldest. I have 4 sons...a 26 year old 3rd year med student at Madison, a 23 yr old Navy son about to go on his first LONG deployment over in the bad parts of the world, and twins 19 1/2 one at Madison 2nd year and one went to college for a year and decided to come home and work till he figures life out. I also have a 33 yr marriage to a man that lives for the past 7 years in MN due to work. Our marriage isnt good and the stress doesnt help the weight issues. I work out with a trainer at the Y twice a week and I run or walk with my Fitbit almost every day. My lowest recently was 175 but I gained 6 pounds since July/Aug due to wedding and lots of trips to IN. I lost my dad in Feb and make many trips to IN dealing with his estate. I'm tired of carrying the extra 30 or so pounds I need to lose. Its been almost 20 years since my kids and I still havent lost this weight so now is the time. I've done WW too but I dont want to have to pay to lose weight and I got down to 175 with MFP just the same as WW so hoping with a group I can finally break that 175 # lowest and lose these 20. I love sweets...so that is probably my major issue. Good luck everyone! Nice to meet you all!
  • istarith
    istarith Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, what a great idea this is -- I'm IN! Hi guys!

My name is Sarah; I'll be 27 in December. I just got married a month ago to the most darling man on the planet; it was a beautiful wedding (photo attached!), I just wish I could get past how beautifully chubby I look in my beautiful photos... My gown was custom made, and I'm sorry to say that work began on it when I was at my huskiest -- almost 210lbs! Yikes! And a whole year I wasn't allowed to diet any of it off for fear of not being able to fit into my wedding gown!! Well, I'm down to 202lbs today, and I'd LOVE to be at 180lbs come 2016 -- What a HAPPY New Year that would be! LET'S GO!!

Start: 202lbs
    Goal: 180lbs by 2016!

11227763_10206134468138233_6235653460589984373_n.jpg?oh=a91b8c8913d063a946323f63ae2b0329&oe=56CC4A85

• jennywren1986
    jennywren1986 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I gave birth to my first baby in July. I gained 40 pounds during my pregnancy and lost 20 right away but the other 20 just keeps lingering! I have never weighed this much in my life and I HATE it! I only started seriously dieting at the first of October and I've lost a few pounds so far! I want to get back to my pre pregnancy weight of 140 by New Years. My biggest struggle is to stay motivated on the weekends when my husband wants to go out to eat and I want to indulge myself in sweets and snack foods! I don't like to cook on weekends lol another struggle I'm facing that I've never had before is finding time to exercise, running at the park was simple when it was just me but now I have to work around my daughter's schedule and it takes 30 minutes of prepping just to GET to the park. I've got about 17 pounds to go and it's not going to be easy with the holidays coming up. I hope I can stay motivated, maybe this group can help!