Introductions.

Options
I guess I'll start. My name is Joanie, I've been riding my peloton bike here in Colorado since July and am hoping to be inspired to make better choices in the diet department by my fellow pelotonians!

Replies

• HannaJJ1
    HannaJJ1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My name is Johanna. I love riding and exercise in general, but I also love to eat. I lieve in UT and I would love to connect with other cyclist.
  • MichelSelmer
    MichelSelmer Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi, my name is Michel. I am an Integrative Holistic Veterinarian. I have been actively exercising since I am a teenager. Since an injury caused by cross-fit, I now swim and cycle. Unfortunately I have learned that I cannot out train my fork and the dinner table. Since only 30% of health goals can be obtained through exercise, that leaves 70% that needs to be addressed through diet. I am very self motivated when it comes to exercise but am weak when it comes to diet. I ride mostly on demand, but occasionally ride my peloton in live classes. Look for me on the stream and follow me at TheCaringVet or I will see you all here!
  • rmvbee
    rmvbee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone; I'm Rose and my stream name is Rosebud. Have had my Peloton bike since March 2014 (yes, early adopter!). I've not been a regular user, unfortunately, because I've had a couple of knee injuries since then. Getting back into it again now and looking to lose a significant amount of weight, too. It's all do-able; love the bike and the instructors--I just need to get into a good routine for tracking food and exercising more. Thank you for getting the group organized. Always good to have partners. Like TheCaringVet, I do recorded rides more often than not just because of my work schedule, but those live rides sure are inspiring.
  • jassenyates
    jassenyates Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, is this page still active? I just got my bike last month and I love it! I'm usually riding in the live classes and go by "Rowdy" on the leaderboard.
  • cawinediva
    cawinediva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just ordered my Peloton and cannot wait for it to arrive! I'm typically active however a foot injury has me sidelined from any running. Looking forward to getting back into the fitness regime and encouraging one another. =)
  • JenniferEdwardz
    JenniferEdwardz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    my name is Jen629 on the stream. I've had my bike since 3/15 and purchased a second bike
    12/16.
    It is my goal to lose 25 lbs minimum. Plea see friend me on MFP so we can encourage each other.
    I ride about 4 to 5 times a week. I try to take live rides but it's hard. In also dg ping the 21d fox videos. In on a 1400 calorie diet.
    See you soon! Jen
  • BustaNut_Peloton
    Options
    Hi! My bike just arrived a few days ago and I'm already addicted. I'm 49 and in the process of dropping 10 lbs by my 50th birthday in April. My username on Peloton is CyclingCTO. Looking for people who want to help each other stay on track and accountable.
  • jimihndrks
    jimihndrks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am researching bikes now. I really like the Peloton but can you download videos from youtube or other spin classes online to use on the Peloton screen?
  • Michaeltorres22
    Michaeltorres22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I own and use the peloton regularly. Probably two of the best features are (1) they have 1000s of anytime anywhere instructor led session which is great for those of us that have crazy schedules and get bored easily; and (2) for those of us that are over weight this is a true plug and play platform, extremely easy on the joints, and every class is suitable for any level rider. This makes it easy to keep a routine and stay motivated. In 4 months I dropped 20lbs and doubled my output. I was a skeptic but I am extremely happy with the buy.

For those of you interested in buying a bike you can get two free months on your monthly subscription by using this link https://www.pelotoncycle.com/r/?rc=1e1527648c4245eb95e9cf90b5deed94

For those of you that want a battle buddy on the peloton my ID below

Ride hard
    Mike
    Peloton ID: mikerider
  • runningwithTucker
    runningwithTucker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Heather. I just had a baby girl in March and am struggling to lose the extra 20lbs. I have my peloton bike and have done about 14 rides thus far - trying to fit it in around work and mommy time. I am hoping that by also getting my eating in check, I can lose this baby weight and be a healthy example for my daughter!

Peloton ID: hfetner