Groceries?

Options
I need a low budget/ low cal grocery list to get in shape for Christmas! I need to learn how to eat healthy and if you have recipes...bonus! I just don't know what to buy/ eat. Looking for 3 meals and 3 snacks! Thanks guys!

Replies

• xerenamile
    xerenamile Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hiya, i live on a low budget and have found chocolate cheaper than apple! so i know how hard it is to make the right choices. I have found making small changes to you normal meals makes a huge difference, for example if im making a curry i will take out half the meat and add extra veg instead i use boild yourself brown rice if simple and cuts the price of the meal down by half (also buying larger packets will save you money in the long run)
    I love food and cutting things down has been so very hard for me, what ever you do never buy the foods with the words low calorie on them!! they are double the price have triple the sugar and are normally only 1-3 calories less than the normal food.

I eat these and im losing around 2lb a week:

Breakfast : i love simple srambled eggs on taost, fruit and fat free yogurt, banana pancakes, toast and friut, small bowls of cereal, porridge is great with dried fruit is very cheap and keep you very full.
    Snacks : 2x rice cakes and cream cheese, fruit, jelly, childrens crisps i find are great.
    Lunch : homemade soups, use brown bread for any sandwich, jacket potatoes with no butter but extra veg fillings,
    Dinners : chicken and veg, fish pie ( this is amazing), homemade curry, soup and rolls, anything you love to eat you can make low calories all you need to do i swaps oils, dont use butter and never add cheese to anything! sad but it really helps.
    I really hope some of these help if you want recipes i can post some to you, say what you would like and i cant make one for you.....
    Keep up the good work