My 1 yr. anniversary of Stronglifts!

124»

Replies

• ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    How are you liking 5/3/1 @Sumiblue ? I'm just half way through my first cycle, but enjoying the switch up.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    I think I like it. Just started cycle #2. Hoping to make some strength gains!
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Congratulations on the amazing transformation! :)
  • lwhayes820
    lwhayes820 Posts: 145 Member
    @Sumiblue - Congrats on your progress! You look awesome! You were the reason I started SL 5x5 about 9 weeks ago. I saw your post on a HALP thread.

I can't imagine doing SL5x5 for a year! What weights did you start with your lifts on SL? Where did you end after your year? I'm planning to try another program after 16 weeks - I don't know.
    How long did you eat at a deficit?

Again - Congrats and thanks for being an inspiration.
  • Sumiblue
    I started with the empty bar for most lifts, 30 lb fixed weight bar for OHP & 90 (?) lbs for DL. I did SL for a year because it was working and I deloaded a lot. I realized my form stunk on many lifts and would deload & work up. I don't remember where I was at when I switched programs. I just couldn't squat every workout anymore.
    I'm happy my story got you to Stronglifts! Makes me happy :)
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Amazing transformation! I just started strong lifts this week.

What is phul?

Also - at what point did you need micro plates for SL? Or did you just work with the standard plates?
  • Sumiblue
    PHUL is a split routine: power, Hypertrophy, upper, lower. I didn't get micro plates until I started PHUL but I wish I'd gotten them sooner. Def helps with OHP.
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    You're awesome
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Sumiblue you look amazing! I thought so from your profile pic anyway but seeing the progress pictures has really inspired me, thank you :)
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    Just for sake of updating and to encourage women to keep lifting: I hit my goal weight of 120 about a little over a week ago. Switched to maintenance calories and have been consistently eating more. I've really concentrated on keeping my protein up. I'm running the PHUL program and love it. Today I am at 118.8 lbs. haven't seen the "teens" since I was a teen, lol. I have abs, now, too!

Thank you for posting your photos! You look fantastic, and you're very inspiring. I've been doing strong lifts for 7 months, and these photos really help keep me going.