PRIDE NYC!

Options
MartialPanda
MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
Hello Everyone!!

I dont know how is planning on going to NY pride this upcoming weekend but i'm just posting up some info on parties and venues where there will fun things going on and such. I will be there having a grand ol' time. I hope you will too!

http://www.gomag.com/pages/prideevents2013.php

http://www.autostraddle.com/queer-girl-city-guide-manhattan-is-the-new-manhattan-136220/

Replies

• treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    With any luck, you'll have the end of DOMA to celebrate. Be proud, NYC!
  • Scudder76
    Scudder76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This usually my only Pride event http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2013/06/nyc-drag-march-june-28th.html

But...

Edie WIndsor is Grand Marshal of the Pride March Sunday. If the news is good, I might have to skip the bike ride I was planning.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Edie Windsor being of course the lead plaintiff in United States vs. Windsor, the case that will hopefully overturn DOMA.

With her late wife Thea Spyer:

Edie-Windsor-and-Thea-Spyer.jpg
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I know they're announcing DOMA this week. I hope it's a positive one. Then this pride will be more amazing than it already has bene.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i'll be marching in the parade with my school and another school. first time marching. have spectated many times. not sure about the parties...did those years ago but give me a shout if you're going.
  • Scudder76
    Scudder76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i'll be marching in the parade with my school and another school. first time marching. have spectated many times. not sure about the parties...did those years ago but give me a shout if you're going.

I've marched a couple of times, and was surprised to find it such a powerful personal experience. It is also long, slow, and hot! Water, sunscreen, and wide-brimmed hats are all well advised!
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will be a great Parade. And Edie will raise the roof on the place.

And don't forget the dance on the pier. With Miss Diva herself performing. Cher.

Should be an incredible weekend in NY.
  • Internistella
    Internistella Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Happy Pride!!! I am headed off to watch on a rooftop, what a wonderful week. I met Edie at stonewall earlier in the week, she is such a gem! Hope you all have wonderful celebrations.
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Happy Pride family! I hope it's wonderful. I wish I could be at the march today. :(
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no one posted a picture of the empire state building. what a shock to see between buildings while walking down the street! pretty amazing
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Here's a picture of the Empire State Building in Pride Colors. Hope it fits. A remarkable weekend in NY, SF, Chicago and elsewhere.

936435_542552105792648_954878090_n.jpg
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Here's a picture of the Empire State Building in Pride Colors. Hope it fits. A remarkable weekend in NY, SF, Chicago and elsewhere.

936435_542552105792648_954878090_n.jpg
    [/quote
    WALKING DOWN THE STREET AND SEEING THIS BETWEEN BUILDINGS WAS WILD