New to MS

Options
I am new to MS. I only have slight face numbness (Luckily) but they found 2 lesions in the MRI. I also had a blood sugar of 10.1 A1C. Since it happened a month ago I changed my diet, added exercise and dropped 20 pounds to 299 only 99 to go. Never started the Meds for the diabetes and monitoring my blood sugar constantly shows I have that good range already with diet and exercise.

I am hoping I wondering if there are any research groups that do surveys on lifestyle for people with MS (Before and After)

I feel that my body got out of balance and started to attack itself. I should be able to get it back into balance but Dr's only treat symptoms.

I have been researching like crazy but nothing out there seems complete.

Replies

• PaulHanten
    PaulHanten Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It just seems like so much data is ready to be given. Modern medicine just treats symptoms and never looks for a cause or causes at least on an individual level. I am sure there are multiple factors with MS and not one magic bullet. I am also reasonably sure the vast majority of people with MS would want to help in any way possible if it would mean better treatments and better understanding of prevention.

Did they start you on a shot right away 8 years ago?

Do you stay away from any foods?
    How about vitamins?
  • PaulHanten
    PaulHanten Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. Now I am month back... I need to track my food again. I cut out Gluten, Dairy, Eggs, all sweeteners and have been starting down the road of the Wahls protocol. Down to 269 in weight mainly through diet as the 4 month old keeps my time busy before and after work. 2-3 days at the gym for some cardio over lunch is all I get.

I am in IT and have started to design a program for MS to share statistical info and gather data. With some luck I will get it developed and maybe out to a sample group within the year. I just know that good data is not out there for the masses to look at (Now).

I went off the diet for a week and had a exacerbation so I went back on it. Still mild skin numbness but I feel it in my foot now too.

Started on Tecfidera, Vitamin D

Also taking on my own
    Multivitamin,
    B12 and B Complex,
    Biotin,
    Turmeric

I wish you well..

Thank you