you know you're hungry when . . .

Options
canadianlbs
canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
- you consider spreading peanut butter onto focaccia bread.

next person's turn.

Replies

• Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    When you only worry about if your lunch has meat in it.
    And when you are too impatient to wait for your soup to be actually hot and just aet it room temperature
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    EVery tiny Tupperware container with half eaten toddler snacks comes out of the fridge and is inhaled. Cleanup sucks tho. Those tiny tupperwares don't stack in the dishwasher in a way that satisfies my type a tendencies.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    When you start eyeing the butter-dish with nefarious intent....
  • Llamapants86
    Options
    Oh this is me today:
    You bring in a whole workdays worth of calories and it is gone by 9 AM. (glad a remembered my wallet, I will be needing to inhale some kind of burger soon)
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You consider eating tuna as an emergency snack?

Thankfully I packed more food than i knew I needed today and have other emergency snacks stocked at work now, so the tuna is nowhere near the top of the list xD

To be fair I used to like tuna. I just. can't. anymore. Not too sure why xD
  • Llamapants86
    Options
    Canned tuna, no matter what I try to do to it always smell like cat food to me. Now a tuna steak I could totally sink my teeth into
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Haha canned tuna gives me horrible flashbacks to being an obese kid and my mum sending me to school with cans of tuna and rice cakes cos I was fat. Lol.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I threw up at girl guide camp because tuna sandwiches were what they had for lunch and they refused to believe that I would puke if I ate it. I proved them wrong :P Tuna sushi is awesome though.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    *still likes canned tuna but with mayo and stuff* *needs green olives so can have tuna sandwiches soon*

Oh, and my contribution to thread: when random smells outside make you think of food not related to the scent at all.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    andylllI wrote: »
    Cleanup sucks tho. Those tiny tupperwares don't stack in the dishwasher in a way that satisfies my type a tendencies.

just imagine what cleanup would be like in three weeks if you DIDN'T open them up and lick them all clean.

when you resolve to make pot roast for dinner while you're at the gym, and then post-workout you stand over the pot and saw off slices to eat while you're 'browning' the opposite side.

i have done this more often than i really like to recall.

• Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    When you want to kill everyone who gets in your way. Went for a long walk this morning, and planned to have lunch in a cafe. But then we didn't fancy what they had, so walked to another, and another ... by the time we finally got to eat I was losing my mind a bit! I did manage to take a few deep breaths and order something relatively healthy, despite drooling at anything high in fat/ sugar by that point.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    1. You start to contemplate what types of candies your office buddies have in their dishes.
    2. I'm so guilty of this...you get home from work and graze the pantry before making dinner because you can't even wait for he food to cook. ((7 cheezits, 1/8 cup peanuts, 3 chocolate covered acai berries, 4 veggie straws...you get the idea))
    3. You just grab the cheese brick out of the fridge and break a piece off...because you're clearly too hungry to cut it.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    You know you're hungry when you rummage madly through the car looking for the candy bar you thought you saw there the other day!
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    - you consider spreading peanut butter onto focaccia bread.

next person's turn.

I just eat it straight from the spoon.
  • Llamapants86
    Options
    Deena_Bean wrote: »
    2. I'm so guilty of this...you get home from work and graze the pantry before making dinner because you can't even wait for he food to cook. ((7 cheezits, 1/8 cup peanuts, 3 chocolate covered acai berries, 4 veggie straws...you get the idea))

I do this so often I have thought of creating an MFP meal for "While Dinner Cooks"
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Deena_Bean wrote: »

I do this so often I have thought of creating an MFP meal for "While Dinner Cooks"

I do that too... It's like "nope! I want food NAO!"

Also, when you eat that botched black beans & chick pea brownies thingy you did this weekend even though the texture makes you almost gag. Yeah, I'm throwing what's left away -_-'
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    krokador wrote: »
    I do that too... It's like "nope! I want food NAO!"'

i keep a canister of trail mix in the kitchen for exactly this. grab a handful of it soon as i have my shoes off, post-gym.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    when you sit on the couch with a giant container of pickles and wait on dinner to finish... and when I mean giant I mean like a gallon container of dill pickle slices lol that's how I roll with pickles in my house!