Cocktails anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    my favorite is a gin salty dog

1/2 can of texsun unsweetened grapefruit juice and a shot of gin in a salt rimmed glass.

only 87 calories
    Oooh! This sounds like something right up my alley! (Well, minus the salt for me.) I love both those ingredients so it must be good LOL!
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Blueberry Lemon Breeze

10 blueberries
    3/4 ounce light agave nectar, such as Wholesome Sweeteners, available at Whole Foods or other natural foods stores
    1 1/2 ounces gin
    3/4 ounce lemon juice
    Splash of champagne (about 1 ounce)

In a shaker, muddle* together blueberries and agave. Add the gin and lemon juice, then shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Strain contents of shaker into a martini glass and then top with champagne. Garnish with 3 blueberries on a cocktail stick.

Calories: 205
    What about just mixing good gin and champagne, and adding frozen blueberries to it? Maybe use orange juice or pineapple juice for sweetener? Hmmm, I think an experiment is in order.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    my favorite is a gin salty dog

1/2 can of texsun unsweetened grapefruit juice and a shot of gin in a salt rimmed glass.

only 87 calories
    Oooh! This sounds like something right up my alley! (Well, minus the salt for me.) I love both those ingredients so it must be good LOL!

then without the salt it's called a gin Greyhound
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    God bless you :drinker: I lovez my booze!
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I need to book mark this page.. Thank you :)
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    I don't drink much at all anymore, other than red wine and the occasional light beer, but I recently ordered some Cedilla acai liqueur to play around with and some Creme de Violette, because I had a fantastic cocktail made with champagne and violet liqueur once and am dying to try it at home.

Not sure yet what to do with the Cedilla but I love acai so I might just try sipping it straight.
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    ooo loving this one xxx