What's your typical breakfast look like?

Options
ChandalNicole
ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
edited October 2015 in Social Groups
ndhqmg1anxu7.jpg
Mine lately has been "instant oatmeal". But not the packaged kind! I mix up 1/2 cup of quick cooking oats, pinch of salt, LOTS of cinnamon, tablespoon of dried cranberries and about a tablespoon of whatever nuts I have on hand. Lately it's been walnuts but typically it's almonds. I put all of that in a little Tupperware dish with enough boiling water to cover it, stir it and slap the lid on. By the time I get to work, it's cooked and still hot!

What's your favorite go to breakfast?

Replies

• istarith
    istarith Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've been making mainly oatmeal myself! I'll put oats in the fridge with some milk and anything I have on hand so that they've absorbed everything by morning. One of my favorite things to add in is homemade pumpkin puree! I was amazed to learn how easy it is to steam and blend a pumpkin, and now I have it to throw into anything! I'm trying hard to remember: Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince, Dinner like a Pauper, so breakfast is usually my most calorie-heavy meal!

This morning, it's warm Pumpkin Brownie Batter oats with 1/4c Grape Nuts (roughly 431 calories)...

k5fbwpvwwz4e.jpg
  • ChandalNicole
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I love pumpkin anything. I'm one of THOSE people lol! ;)
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I buy Fage Total 0% Fat Greek Yogurt by the tub full, and leave the tub in my work fridge.

Then every morning, I scoop out 4-5 ounces of yogurt, add whatever berries were on sale that week (I prefer blueberries because they have less sugar, but have also done raspberries, and even a whole sliced kiwi when berries got expensive!), I add about 1/4 cup of Bare Naked Fit Vanilla Almond Crunch granola, and a teaspoon of honey to sweeten the yogurt, and viola! :)

gyum7druu9iw.jpg

272 calories
    16 g protein
    49 g carbs
    3 g fat
  • ChandalNicole
    Options
    Yum! It looks so pretty! Lol I'm all out of yogurt! Until grocery shopping this weekend. :( I like to take plain greek, add in a teaspoon or two of my PB2 (the chocolate one is delicious in this case) and then a sprinkle of granola! Dessert for breakfast!
  • natyack
    natyack Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a whole wheat english muffin, 1 tbsp of peanut butter, and half a sliced banana. Keeps me nice and full until lunchtime!
  • luv2liftElise
    luv2liftElise Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal, too, with dried cranberries and a little honey or brown sugar. This morning I was out of oatmeal so made 2 overeasy eggs and an English muffin. I was surprised how the eggs kept me more full than the oatmeal, and I didn't even notice I missed my morning snack today!
  • curves2j
    curves2j Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    my breakfast is very nontraditional because I have so many food allergies it is ridiculous....

options:
    homemade turkey or chicken patties
    a vegetable( carrots, celery, etc)
    a small amount of fruit (grapes, green apple, peach, plum, etc)

or a Larabar with a small fruit

based on my options you may guess:
    lactose intolerant
    egg allergy
    wheat allergy

sigh :(
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal too, but I need to figure out how to get more protein in there. If I don't get at least 15g with breakfast, I struggle to meet my protein goal for the day. :/
  • deety3
    deety3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I typically simply eat a Quest bar and a Dannon Lite & Fit Greek yogurt every morning. It's a quick way to get some protein and fiber without having to really think about it.
  • happysonia1
    happysonia1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1/4 c. cooked oatmeal with cinnamon
    1c. Greek nonfat yogurt + 1/2c frozen mango smoothie...
    Enjoy it on my way to work.
  • natyack
    natyack Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal too, but I need to figure out how to get more protein in there. If I don't get at least 15g with breakfast, I struggle to meet my protein goal for the day. :/

Try topping it with some vanilla greek yogurt! My lunch this week has been a french toast casserole that I made on Sunday and split into reasonable portions plus 4oz of vanilla greek yogurt. That gets me to about 20g of protein -9g coming from the yogurt :)