nerve issue

Options
jmzz1
jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
Hi ... anyone suffering from nerve pain due to vitamin deficiency?

If yes what is ur food and workout pattern? Have got nerve pain from lower back to foot

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I've had some, but I caught it earlier - before it spread from some isolated joints. B12 and Magnesium are the big ones there. Naturally fermented Kombucha is a big source of B vitamins, as are sublingual drops for B-Complex with B-12. For magnesium, make sure you do not get oxide, I use a chelated magnesium citrate, 3 pills at 135 mg each (just upped from 2).

I eat low carb, high fat, moderate protein, and I do not current work out aside from mild walking, as I've got assorted complications to most normal "workouts." Have you been tested to see what vitamins you're deficient in?
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    B-12 deficiency is the usual culprit for vitamin deficiency nerve pain. Carly already went into that.

Yours sounds like sciatica. It's possible you have something pinching your sciatic nerve, which is causing you pain. It might be worth talking to your doctor and getting some imaging done to see if that's the case (especially if you get vitamin deficiency tests and don't have deficiencies that would explain it).
  • jmzz1
    Options
    Have done my b12 and vitamin D test and they turned out to be in normal range.
    No sciatic also ... its some deficiency but still not able to catch the culprit

now on neuro prime plus tablet along with chromium picolinate and inositol .....

zero exercises. .. want to introduce some but do not know how since the upper body exercise is also limited due to lower back pain...
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    jmzz1 wrote: »
    Have done my b12 and vitamin D test and they turned out to be in normal range.
    No sciatic also ... its some deficiency but still not able to catch the culprit

now on neuro prime plus tablet along with chromium picolinate and inositol .....

zero exercises. .. want to introduce some but do not know how since the upper body exercise is also limited due to lower back pain...

As a fellow low back pain sufferer, unless it's an injury, you're probably going to have to just power through it (within reason, of course, you don't want to cause yourself too much pain). It sucks, but babying it doesn't help matters (and can make things worse in the long run). Push ups and planks are good for improving the lower back muscles, as they help the entire core. Also, check out the hip work in belly dancing. It's great for the entire hip structure and core area, without putting a ton of pressure on things.
  • jmzz1
    Options
    I cant stand for long due to entire leg pain so belly dancing will be tough..might try push ups and plank..
    Any more exercise which u can suggest apart from water ones since I do not have any pool in my area
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Wall and chair exercises might be good too. If you YouTube that, they have entire workouts centered around those things.