As Sit Less Boot Camp Draws to a Close...Please Read

themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member

Hi Everyone,

We are nearing the end of October's Sit Less Boot Camp. Auna and I truly hope that you've found some ways to sit less that work for you and are easy for you to incorporate into your daily life. Sitting really is a habit and there are lots of ways to work in a little extra activity into our day. It all adds up!

If you want to continue sitting less after October and think you'd benefit from a little reminder, please consider liking and following Quitting the Sitting's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/quittingthesitting) or Twitter feed (@QuitTheSitting). I post 2-4 times a week tips, research articles, and inspirational quotes to encourage people to live an active life.

And finally, If you joined us later in the month or missed the initial posting, please consider joining our collective efforts to reduce sitting time by filling out and submitting the "Act Now" form on this page: http://www.quittingthesitting.com/act-now.html and spell out your sitting reduction plan. By selecting “MFP Sit Less Boot Camp Challenge” from the pull-down list of Organizational Challenges on this page, your pledged reduction to sit less will be added to our group's total, and this count will be shared with Auna so that she can let everyone in the group know the total number of sitting hours eliminated by Sit Less Boot Camp Challenge takers! No individual or identifying information will be shared, just the group's total reduction in sitting hours. We will have the totals for you (and a trophy!) this Sunday, November 1st.

Thanks for being part of Sit Less Boot Camp!

--Denise

denise@quittingthesitting.com

o03d09vs5h01.jpg

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
    I'd also like to add that I do not receive any funding or money whatsoever for Quitting the Sitting. I absorb all the operational costs myself. I have benefitted tremendously from My Fitness Pal and excessive sitting is really terrible for our health. This is my way of giving back and hopefully spreading the word.
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    And you are such an inspiration :)
  • fabat52
    fabat52 Posts: 44 Member
    I joined the sit less group and vowed to walk each night while I watch tv with my runtastic app on until I burn a minimum of 100 Calories. I did this and am still doing it. The results are I went from 190.8lbs on September 25th just before I started to 173.2 lbs today November 5th. I think I started on the 27th or 29th when I first saw the posting of this challenge. It is not all I did. I kept my calories down and I did other exercises on some days but having that extra light Casio in the evenings instead of sitting down made a real difference. Good challenge
  • keytech423
    keytech423 Posts: 3 Member
    Way to go!