Hello,

Options
Hey there my name is Corliss, I just found this group and glad I did. I love horses and hope to own one again someday. I want to loose weight so I can ride again. The last time I had horses and rode was in 2004. I had 8 horses and loved each one very much, then I had to sell them because I separated from my ex-husband and could not afford them any longer. Before that, my sister and I had horses as teenagers, our first horse was an Arabian gelding, then we got a paint mare who was pregnant. Smokey became my sisters and Miss Pinto became mine and so did her filly Cricket. I raised and trained Cricket from the ground up. We rode mostly for pleasure and on Saturday nights we would ride in Play Days. We just did some amateur barrel racing and other western equestrian events.My sisters horse Smokey died when we were seniors in High School, he was hit by a drunk driver one night because a lady let him out of the pasture, she was mad that we would not let her ride while we were not there. My mom and dad bought her another horse named Cash is Enough, Cash for short. I got pregnant in 1988 with twins so I stopped riding so much. I got pregnant in 1990 we moved to Waco, Texas and my mom and dad had to sell Miss Pinto. I had just one baby. Then in 1992 I had twins again and that is when my world really fell apart, a week after the twins were born the guy we were boarding with left his food shed open and Cricket ate his corn, she had colic and died. My sister's horse Cash died later on. My ex-husband bought me a horse in early 1993 while I was pregnant with my sixth child, he later sold him,he said it was so he could take me out to dinner for my bday but it was to be mean, because me and the kids were spending more time with the horse than with him. Over the next few years, I had five more babies. In 2003 he bought me two horses with his income tax check, then later I bought 6 more. I always dream of having horses again. I always dream about riding again, I hope my dreams come true. My major dream is to open and run a horse ranch geared towards serving as therapy for troubled kids and kids with disabilities such as Autism and others.