Burn to the Beat DVD

Options
Stacey1076
Stacey1076 Posts: 11 Member
Do any of you have this DVD? I passed on a few of the other newer DVDs, but decided to try this one. I'm waiting for it to ship and can't wait to try it.

Replies

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I have this DVD and used it today for the first time. She does a good job on this one with a couple of exceptions.

If you are new to WAH this is a good starting DVD as she begins slow in the first mile, moves more quickly in the second mile and the third mile is for people who have good cardio endurance already. Her cuing is much better and she does not get as distracted as she does on the other new one Just Walk-Walking off the Pounds-3 Different Miles. However, this one suffers from the same problem as that one in that she has several sequences of 8 steps that require a fair amount of space. I did modify it though to see if it could be done in less space and it can be. You can do it in series of 2 steps if you have limited space, just do not look at your screen because you will be going back while she is going forward and forward while she is going back. However, it does work and you end up where she is. There is some jumping, but not a lot and I did not find it hard as it is only in the last mile.

The other draw back may be my personal issue in that she does that step-knee lift-step move that some of you may be familiar with and my heart rate monitor always drops off there, so I never do those since the idea here is to keep my heart rate up. :laugh: I know they do not do that for other people though so it is not a deal breaker at all.

The bonus section is very mild strength training for beginners. She does her leg lifts, knee hugs, abdominal curls, a bridge, a pilates hundred, scissors, table pose for the back, 1/2 plank etc. If you already own Firm 30, these are the same exercises she does in that DVD without the wight segment in the beginning.

All in all, it is a good DVD and I will put it in my 3 mile rotation for cardio, but I will stick with Firm 30 and Tone Every Zone for strength training. Enjoy!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the review zichab.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    yes, thanks, zichab, for the excellent review! :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Wow, great review zichab! Thanks so much for posting.

I tried this entire workout for the first time this weekend (borrowed from my library). It's not one of my favourites. Personally I'm not a big fan of circuit workouts. I like to either do all cardio or all strength-training per session.

Secondly, 3 of the walkers were mic'd up so I found that distracting at times. For example, Leslie had one of the walkers count to 8 while walking back and forth. But it was very hard to hear her.

While I appreciate the weights very much and newer moves (except step-knee lift-step - I can't do that move on carpet) this one is going back to the library. I would stick to Burn It Off in 30 for strength-training with Leslie.

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I love it when the library has the DVD and I can see if I like it enough to purchase. Great review rainbow.