Healthy Recipe 11/2

Options
Soup! With Fall in full swing (and my sandpaper throat today), I thought soups would be a great idea! Do you have a favorite soup?

Here's my ultimate favorite soup and I even found a healthy version of it! Butternut Squash and Apple Soup. 202 calories per cup? Yes please!

Replies

• ChandalNicole
    ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Here's the full list that I found my favorite in! 15 hearty soups under 355 calories!
  • erebar
    erebar Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Shredded Asian Pork over Spinach and Brown Rice
    Chop 1/2 onion place in crock pot
    Cut pork tenderloin into 3 or 4 chunks place on onion
    Pour around 1 -1 1/2 cup Sweet Chili Sauce on top of pork ( doesn't need to be exact)
    1 Tbsp vinegar ( white or cider is fine)
    *Optional - if you like a little spice- add 1 Tbsp Sriracha ( you can also add some to taste later)
    Cook covered on low 6-8 hours stirring once or twice until tender and shreds

I place fresh spinach in a bowl add cooked brown rice and top with pork and sauce.
    The heat lightly wilts the spinach. You can use any veggies you like.
    You can add Sriracha for more spice or sweet chili sauce for more sweet sauce.

• natyack
    natyack Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this soup when it starts to get cold out. I lessen the amount of oil from 2tbsp to 1 tbsp and I also try to use 1% or 2% milk.

http://www.closetcooking.com/2012/02/roasted-cauliflower-and-aged-white.html

SO, so good. Roasting the cauliflower before adding to the soup gives it so much depth!!