Give & Take

Options
Here let's post the 3 to 5 things we're giving ourselves, aka the things we're not giving up on this journey. Let's follow that up with the 3 to 5 things we're willing to take off our plates or out of our lifestyle in order to push towards our healthy goals!

Give

Take

Replies

• gwensteponya
    gwensteponya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Give
    1. Beer. This may seem silly, but I love a good craft beer. I don't drink often, but I'm also not cutting these out.
    2. One rest day. A day to relax, recharge and prepare for another 6 days of kicking butt!
    3. Eating out 1 dinner and 1 breakfast per week. My family eats out on Friday, it's our treat to ourselves for our week of work and school. We also tend to eat out breakfast on Saturdays while we run errands.
    4. Sweet treats in moderation (one serving) on special occasions (my birthday & holidays).
    5. Patience. There's that weird again! I'm not going to give up and I'm going to be patient with myself. It takes time to see change, to create new habits, etc.

Take
    1. The Friday Office Donuts. Thankfully I'm not a big donut fan. I just have to be sure I have a solid breakfast before work and this should be easy enough.
    2. Chemicals, GMO's, carcinogens, nitrates, etc. I'm a big believer in clean eating.
    3. Eating out more than mentioned above. I recognize eating out usually means extra calorie intake, so I would like to limit it.
    4. Sweet treats on regular days for no good reason.
    5. Negativity. This can drag me down and keep me from reaching my goals or recognizing my progress or give me an excuse to quit. There's no need for it in my life.