Herbalife

Options
IronSmasher
IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
So, anyone got any opinions on this stuff/company?

Replies

• billyboybalbo
    Options
    Its nonsense, high scale pyramid scheme-
    quote ""Bill Ackman, of Pershing Square, recently said that Herbalife was targeting the community, possibly leading to financial harm for some. He commented to the Post, "What legitimate company wouldn’t welcome the opportunity for a Good Housekeeping seal of approval from its principal regulator...The fact that Johnson is lobbying Congress in an attempt to prevent the FTC from investigating speaks for itself.”"
  • laurajade111
    Options
    I had a look at some of the stuff and the second ingredient in most was sweetener or sugar. Also they have a 'fat burning' tea - what a load of tripe - not one person could explain how it worked except 'it has anti-oxidants'.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    There's a lot of distributors popping up lately, which has me concerned, and I was hoping to get a feel for what the general local public opinion was?

Even for those that do know more about the MLM and have a bad opinion of meal replacements, - What do you think the public in Scotland know/think of Herbalife?
  • laurajade111
    Options
    I think most people know its a triangle sales scheme, but everyone is willing to spend money in the search of a 'quick fix'.
  • caz30uk
    caz30uk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hi
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of distributors popping up lately, which has me concerned, and I was hoping to get a feel for what the general local public opinion was?

Even for those that do know more about the MLM and have a bad opinion of meal replacements, - What do you think the public in Scotland know/think of Herbalife?

Meal-replacement diets are not necessarily a bad thing, but they cannot be sustained in the long term. There are several well-known and well-respected programmes that offer 1-2-1 and/or group counselling while on the programme. As far as I could see, Herbalife was no so much about losing weight as it was about getting re-sellers to sign up new re-sellers.

A couple of girls at work used to use/sell Herbalife. This was about 10 yrs ago now, but I could tell from how they described the whole sales and re-distribution cycle that it was a pyramid-scheme (which I believe are actually banned in the UK/EU). Both of them have (long) since left the company so I don't know if they are still selling Herbalife, but I doubt either of them got rich from doing so.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    Belgium I think it is, have been the only ones so far to call it what it is and ban Herbalife.
  • Kelticbeauty
    Kelticbeauty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In 2011 I had to have my gall bladder removed because of gall stones & was also suffering from pancreatitis which according to the surgeon 1 in 10 people die from. You can imagine that having survived this I was wanting to make sure that my diet was good and to improve my health. I have used Herbalife products for 2 years now & my energy & health have improved greatly as my body is getting all the nutrients it needs to function. I feel so much fitter & healthier. I know many people who take Herbalife products and they are healthier & they will tell you they feel more energised. Herbalife does not work on a pyramid - scheme and you don’t have to sell Herbalife if you don't want to, you can simple choose to use the products, there is no pressure to sell at all. Herbalife is not a quick fix as quick fixes don't work. Herbalife makes you re evaluate your life style choices so in the long term you will be able to sustain the changes you have made to live a healthier & fitter life.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    How exactly does wasting your money on these products that teach you absolutely nothing about nutrition or eating healthily, "makes you re evaluate your life style choices"?
  • Kelticbeauty
    Options
    Firstly I am not wasting my money & what I choose to spend my money on is personal.

Secondly Herbalife gives good advice on healthy eating & nutrition. Don’t knock something you don’t have much info on. I did not come on here to enter a debate only give my personal experience & how Herbalife has helped me. You asked for peoples opinion on the products / company at the start of the thread. I simple shared my experience & opinion. You are entitled to yours as I am mine.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    Firstly I am not wasting my money & what I choose to spend my money on is personal.

Secondly Herbalife gives good advice on healthy eating & nutrition. Don’t knock something you don’t have much info on. I did not START A NEW FAKE PROFILE to enter a debate only give my personal experience & how Herbalife has SOLVED ALL OF MY PROBLEMS TWO YEARS AGO, BUT HERE I AM ON A CALORIE COUNTING FORUM. You asked for peoples opinion on the products / company at the start of the thread. I simple shared my experience & opinion. You are entitled to yours as I am mine.

There, fixed it for you. (You blocked your profile after I already read it BTW)

You're entitled you're opinions, and I'm entitled to ask why you have them. You don't have to explain why so that I might change my opinion, you can just claim I know nothing about product or company.

If you feel that I know nothing, despite;
    familiarising myself with the company's history, selling tactics, products ingredients and the claims behind them trying to justify their ludicrous price, their court cases in America and throughout Europe, their deals with gyms and commissions, had first hand experience of a friend becoming bankrupt due to their MLM approach, read through their lesson plans that completely ignore science and seem to revolve around pushing products,
    been offered commission, twice, from two different organisations to push Herbalife onto people that have employed me to supply them with nutritional advice, even though to do so would completely ignore my qualifications as a nutritionist and my morality as a human being,

then please, enlighten me.
  • Kelticbeauty
    Options
    I did not start a fake profile page so please don’t sabatoge my posts. I am not here to sell or encourage anyone to buy or try Herbalife I simply gave you my reasons for using the products as i did have a health issue, You were the one who asked for peoples opinion I thought it was a genuine thread not some sort of vendetta. Why I choose to use MFP is my business and not anything to do with you.

As I said I did not come on here to enter a debate, you are not entitled to ask me why I have my opinions as personally i don’t know you. You obviously have your reasons why you hate the products and the company. My experience is completly different to yours so therefore my opinion is different too. My experiences are positive and that is why i enjoy taking the products as well as healthy foods. Please don’t alter any of my posts again.