Easy healthy dinners

Options
2»

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    @Stacebob85 I couldnt agree more about the Hairy Bikers cook book, I got mine from the book people and I think it only cost me a fiver - I 100% recommend their Mediterranean burger, it is delish and healthy too! I also love the lamb and spinach curry, the spanish fish stew, actually I am just listing everything thats in it now! Yes I agree buy it!

Yep, if you are getting the Hairy Dieters' cook book the Book People is cheapest, have search for free P & P code as well
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    This is my 1300 cal day

Breakfast:

2 slices wholemeal toast + 1 dairylea triangle spread over both

Lunch:

Wholemeal wrap
    Deli roast beef - 2 slices
    spring onion
    spinach
    cucumber
    tomatoes
    Caesar light

Dinner:

Roast chicken or Pork chop or lamb shoulder steak or salmon or seabass - about 200g
    Half a plate of veg - broccoli. carrots, cauliflower......etc

2 Scoops walls vanilla soft scoop with tsp of honey drizzled over :bigsmile:

Usually have enough cals for a 2 finger dark kit kat too!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    ...have ryvita so did not use lots of calories...

One of my top tips too! Ryvita's low in calories and the fibre really fills you up. I often have Ryvita and ham for breakfast (four slices topped with ham comes in around 200 calories). Also great with cottage cheese (Longley Farm is my favourite - can't be doing with the low calorie watery stuff!) or baked beans.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    This is my 1300 cal day

Breakfast:

2 slices wholemeal toast + 1 dairylea triangle spread over both

Lunch:

Wholemeal wrap
    Deli roast beef - 2 slices
    spring onion
    spinach
    cucumber
    tomatoes
    Caesar light

Dinner:

Roast chicken or Pork chop or lamb shoulder steak or salmon or seabass - about 200g
    Half a plate of veg - broccoli. carrots, cauliflower......etc

2 Scoops walls vanilla soft scoop with tsp of honey drizzled over :bigsmile:

Usually have enough cals for a 2 finger dark kit kat too!

V similar to mine but I have around 1500 calories a day so also have a glass of wine and another snack (couple of chocolate oat cakes or half a melon - massive but low calorie!)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,701 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my standbys.

Soupe Au Pistou (under 200 cals)

Essentially boiled vegetables with a dollop of pesto to flavour the broth. If you google the classic recipes, they contain dried legumes which ups the carbs and calories. I normally just use a bag of frozen veg with homemade pesto and maybe a chopped tomato. If homemade pesto is too much work, get it from a trattoria. Recipe I use for homemade is here: http://www.food.com/recipe/pesto-marcella-hazan-448339. It freezes well.

Frozen Veg + Pan Fried Protein (under 400 cals)

I normally do this for a packed lunch at work. 100-200 grams of frozen veg + some protein. Protein could be lean steak, chicken, or fish pan friend with an olive oil sprayer to keep the oil content down. Flavour the veg with a little dollop of chilli sauce, salsa, pesto or whatever.

Salad + Pan Fried Protein (under 400 cals)

Replace frozen veg with salad. You need to be a bit careful with what you dress the salad with. Classic vinaigrette is 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar or lemon juice. Some lower fat alternatives are 1 part buttermilk to 1 part mayonnaise with garlic salt and dried herbs. Or 1 part soy sauce, 1 part balsamic vinegar, 1 part sesame oil.
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Some good ideas on here ta xx