Barehand Gloves?

Options
So, I've been thinking about getting a pair of gloves, especially for deadlifts. I keep seeing the Barehand Gloves pop up on my advertisements, and they seem good, though I have no experience. I think I would like something that doesn't completely cover my hands better. Any experience with these, or recommendations for anything better?

https://rawwgear.com/buy/barehand-gloves/?abanemailbutton

Replies

• dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I haven't used these but they look like they have good reviews. I'm thinking about buying a pair since my hands are getting callouses.
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Oooh! I wear old cycling gloves, partly to avoid callouses and partly, I have to admit, because I feel more tough and gnarly with gloves on. But these look great! Well, they look weird. But great.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them, but they look interesting. Regular gloves affect your grip, these say they won't. I am used to callouses. I was a gymnast in high school and regularly ripped skin off my hands :p
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried these ones. They look slimmer/thinner than regular gloves, which is a good thing. Like Mirrim said, regular gloves can actually hinder your grip.

I personally just use chalk, then exfoliate and moisturize my hands to keep the calluses at bay. It works pretty well.