getting past the regret and resentment

Options
sooo.....i was at that dreaded four/five week place where you stall and think to yourself.... what the hell!? so now i can't eat AND i'm still gonna be fat?? why did i even do this??

but then i reminded myself that VSG is just a TOOL. and even tho the first few weeks you can lose like a pound a day simply due to calorie deficit - that doesn't last forever and at some point you have to watch your diet just like everyone else. this pissed me off initially. i'm thinking what the hell. im barely eating. calories in vs. calories out why am i not still losing!!?? #lazythinking

so over the weekend i reminded myself that i still have to feed my body. was i getting my protein? no. was i drinking all my water? no. so i had no one else to blame but myself.

What i DO have that is great with VSG is the roadblock against the binge. it's simply not possible. i ate crap all weekend but didn't gain anything because it was only 4-6oz of crap. and YES i did thro up once when i didn't measure what i ate. so there. good for me - that'll teach me.

so now. i'm on track. i will do the whole high protein, low carb, no sugar, no caffeine thing until i reach goal. then i will slowly introduce some whole wheat carbs etc and maintain. no one said it would be easy and it isn't. but i didn't just spend $12,000 for nothing so i'm gonna do this thing. and i'm gonna do it RIGHT NOW.

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    It can be frustrating to not see the scale move as fast as we would like. Just continue to do the best you can and be good to you. Over time you will see progress. :)
  • GalgoMomAnita
    GalgoMomAnita Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you on this one. It is amazing how you can maintain weight on so few calories. I'm hoping lifting will be the answer :)
  • thisfathasgot2go
    thisfathasgot2go Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You go girl. It is not gonna be easy, but we can do this.
  • milaortiz30
    milaortiz30 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thanks guys. we got this. im still in the learning phase. like today i found out ice cream is BAD. very BAD. so there's that lol.