Cramping at 12 weeks

Options
ldrosophila
ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
I see the nurse practitioner tomorrow, but over the last two days I've had sharp shooting pain on either side of what I describe as where my ovaries are located. I'm early 12 weeks. I started cramping last time before my miscarriage and I'm scared to death.

Has anyone else had similar pains?

Replies

• Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Honestly, that sounds more like round ligament pain than cramping because of an issue with the baby. I had something similar then during both pregnancies, mostly on the right side. I don't get it often now at 24 weeks.

I would still mention it to the doc for reassurance and even consider calling if it gets worse. Peace of mind is invaluable!
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I agree that it sounds like round ligament pain, and 12 weeks would be a common time for that to happen. Definitely mention it to the doc but I think what you're experiencing is normal!
  • led2012
    led2012 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Round ligament pain is the first thing that came to my mind as well. I got it a lot during my first trimester. I'm now at 25 weeks and the only time usually feel it is while I'm exercising. If I wear a belly band while exercising, it helps diminish that pain. I usually feel the pain more on my right side as well, but I have felt it on both sides too. I hope that is what it is for you. It sucks but it's not so scary once you know what it is.
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    same here as well when i was around 12 weeks and during exercise afterwards. i'm now at 28 weeks and feel it when I jog or walk fast. try to take it easy and make sure with the dr ( obviously, i hate when people give me that advice like i don't already know, but it kinda needs to be said i guess )
  • CrystalWalks
    CrystalWalks Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am sure everything is fine, and now that you are 12 weeks, the chance of miscarriage drops to less than 1%....I agree with the rest of the ladies, It is probably the baby growing, I remember at weeks 9 and 15 I had severe cramps and I was worried but the baby is fine it was just everything streching out making room for the baby, you should only worry is if you see bright red blood associated with cramps, if there isn't bright red blood, I wouldn't stress about it ( easier said than done right?).....I pray that we all have successful pregnancies and healthy babies xoxox...Keep us updated
  • wonderflair
    wonderflair Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Be sure you are adequately hydrated, Dehydration will make the uterus more prone to cramping/contracting.