Having my Cake?

Options
garber6th
garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
Tomorrow is my bday, and my coworker came back from lunch with a little cake for me. It was super sweet of her, but she knows that I watch what I eat, so while I get it, I also don't get it. I had been indulging in too much sugar, and in the past two weeks I had broken myself of the habit. I decided instead of the cake staring me down all afternoon, I would cut it up and pass it out, which I did, but I also decided to have a couple of bites. Ugh. After not having any sugar, it was not agreeable. I see this as a good thing - I broke my sugar habit and that's why it upset my stomach. I think I would rather have that, than have sugar be something I can comfortably eat.

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! I'm sure your coworker had no ill intentions. Probably wanted to give you a treat they figured you wouldn't get yourself.

Enjoy your day tomorrow. I still won't believe you are the age in your profile. You look and act like a young hottie!
  • garber6th
    Options
    rpyle111 wrote: »
    Happy birthday! I'm sure your coworker had no ill intentions. Probably wanted to give you a treat they figured you wouldn't get yourself.

Enjoy your day tomorrow. I still won't believe you are the age in your profile. You look and act like a young hottie!

Thank you Rob, you are too sweet!! :blush:
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Birthday!! We should ALL be celebrating the many years of goodness that have been here since the day of your arrival!! YOU are the gift!! :) Be blessed. <3
  • garber6th
    Options
    Thaeda wrote: »
    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Birthday!! We should ALL be celebrating the many years of goodness that have been here since the day of your arrival!! YOU are the gift!! :) Be blessed. <3

Thank you SO much! I really am counting my blessings, I am so fortunate to be here and be healthy!

• duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wishing you a very happy birthday, hope it's a fantastic day :)
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hope you have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
  • ADF108
    ADF108 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I think passing it out was a very nice gesture <3
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!
  • seaghdha1072
    seaghdha1072 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday to you!!!
  • SUNKELLY
    SUNKELLY Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your day!
  • imboswell
    imboswell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! And what a great way to get rid of majority of the sweet treat! You are so smart!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday.