Hello, new here :-)

Options
Hello, I am new to the group. I am female, 5'8" started at 355 and now at about 320. I have lost significant weight three times before. Went from 170 to 270 with baby one, back down to about 200. Back up to 280 with baby two, back down to 215. Then, after a health scare and some nasty medications, up to 360. Down to 290 and after mom passed away, back up to 355. Now I am getting off the medications and turning my life around, and have lost that 35 since September 15.
My loss has stalled. I am stuck right at about 320 for two weeks. I was losing four pounds a week or so, which I know can't keep up, but am wondering why it has just stopped. Oh yes and weight loss is not linear! I'm looking for friends on the journey, if you want to co motivate please send me a message and add me!

Replies

• wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the group! The activity in this group goes up and down and lately unfortunately it seems to be down.

Your right in the weightloss not being linear so just wait it out. What are you doing to lose the weight? I loved how fast the weight came off at first but as my body adjusted to the changes it really slowed down. I hope you have seen even just a little change in the last 5 days. It is very hard to stay motivated when things don't change but this time around I have accepted that this isn't just until I get down to a certain number but for the rest of my life.
  • MommaLovesToLoseIt
    MommaLovesToLoseIt Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the response! It started up again, about three pounds in two days so there was the woosh haha. :-). I am exercising every day and doing weights, and also keeping my calories in check and eating healthier type foods such as fruits veggies and lean protein. I also have some grains and sweet potato, but cut out all wheat and added sugar. I lost really slow last time by just keeping a deficit but this time with cutting out sugar wheat and most junk food, I am losing way faster. Thank you very much for the reply!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Remember that as you cut down your sugars and grains, you need to make up the difference in calories with healthy fats. Fats are what create your hormones and all that, so neglecting them hurts your whole body...

Sorry, I've been crazy all over the place myself, but welcome!
  • MommaLovesToLoseIt
    MommaLovesToLoseIt Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome and the tips!
  • Orionbolt
    Orionbolt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Never give up. Keep it up. You will do fine.