Recipes/food ideas for full liquid phase?

Options
Hi y'all. I'm new here. Sleeved 11/9/15, just transitioning to full liquids and dying for something that's not sweet. Any suggestions for what to eat during this phase that you found enjoyable? My surgeons list says I can have cottage cheese but the texture grosses me out---any suggestions for a way to transform it a bit? Thanks guys!

Replies

• pennysteed
    pennysteed Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your sleeve. My surgeon allowed me to have sugar-free popsicles which took care of the chewing sensation. If he is allowing you to have cottage cheese, try Greek yogurt. I started with Yoplait and recently switched to Dannon Light and Fit (80 cal). As far as smoothies go, check with your surgeon first, during this stage it really is liquids only to allow your stomach to heal. Now, when I started soft foods, yogurt and scrambled eggs were my favorite go-to items.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com is a website of a woman who had bariatric surgery-- she has TONS of recipes and tips.
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    What got me through so much was buying premade soups, pureeing if needed, heating up 1/3 to 1/2 cup of them thinning with milk if needed, and adding a scoop (or even 1/2 scoop) of Musclegen Genepro protein powder to the heated soup. Broccoli cheese, potato soup, and corn and chicken chowder were all favorites (and I still have them often for lunch with some protein powder).

Dannon light and fit greek yogurt was a staple as well.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I lived on Ungery chicken and beef broth in this phase. Really high protein, and unlike canned soups, low fat and sodium. I really didn't like the shakes at that point, too sweet and too thick. That broth, being protein infused and all, and not sweet was great!
  • raerae541
    raerae541 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas!