Spartan Race

Options
mostein
mostein Posts: 200 Member
Is anyone doing the Spartan Race this Saturday?

Replies

• CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    No, but sounds fun:happy:
  • sleafers
    sleafers Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I signed up for it after being 'encouraged' (read: COERCED) by my sister. She said it would be motivation for me to workout. To be fair, it did help, but I feel in no way ready for the Sprint on Sunday! I can run 5K, sure, but the obstacles are SCARY.

At this point, my only goal is to finish. If that means I take forever, that's what it means. I may have to do A LOT of burpees though. While I am probably more fit that I've been in a very long time, I don't think I'm fit enough to be a Spartan. I still have a loooooong way to go. :S

Dear lord...

SO NERVOUS!
  • exohglo
    exohglo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good luck ladies! Hopefully there's no stinkin rain!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Not me - but I do have a hardcore friend that is! Sounds intense - have fun :smile:.
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I signed up for it after being 'encouraged' (read: COERCED) by my sister. She said it would be motivation for me to workout. To be fair, it did help, but I feel in no way ready for the Sprint on Sunday! I can run 5K, sure, but the obstacles are SCARY.

At this point, my only goal is to finish. If that means I take forever, that's what it means. I may have to do A LOT of burpees though. While I am probably more fit that I've been in a very long time, I don't think I'm fit enough to be a Spartan. I still have a loooooong way to go. :S

Dear lord...

SO NERVOUS!

Scary but probably so fun!!

How did it go???
  • sleafers
    sleafers Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It was SO MUCH FUN! We're already planning to do it for next year! All of my fears were for naught!!! I was so thrilled.

It ended up being less of a run for me and more of a walk from obstacle to obstacle except for a couple occasions. It was very very very hard - lots of hills and mud - but amazing. I was with a couple of excellent ladies, and we teamed up on some of the obstacles. So when it came to the monkey bars, I had someone supporting my legs so I could still manage. Totally allowed us to accomplish the obstacles with a minimum of burpees.

The only obstacle I failed was the spear throw, and so I did my thirty burpees. I also couldn't do a rope climb at the end, but we slid into the mud pit, having fun, and then the photographer asked us to do it again, and a smart member of my team said we would if we could avoid the burpees by re-doing the mud pit and they said yes! Hahah, it was the funnest part!

My time was 1:35:34, and I was UTTERLY thrilled and felt the best ever.

I was also sore for three days after.

Definitely sign up for it next year if you can! Such a blast.