Lunches at work

Been gluten free for a month now, it's okay but a bit of a struggle as I hated so many foods before and now I'm limited even more! But my biggest issue is lunch, I live off cucumber and tomatoes every day for lunch and some days I don't even eat it as it looks so unappetising. Please help? Any suggest for nice lunches?

Replies

• CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Not sure where you live for restaurant suggestions. But here is what I usually have. If I am bringing from home I will bring a salad with some chicken, lunch meat and cheese roll-up with some fruit or popcorn, a corn tortilla taco with chicken, cheese and beans (not all of those suggestions at once). If I am going out I will go to Chick-fil-a and get the grilled nugget kiddie meal, or a grilled chicken salad, or Panera Bread pick 2 soup and salad, or Jimmy Johns unwich (lettuce wrap) sandwich.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    I usually have leftovers from whatever I made for dinner the night before. A few of the Lean Cuisine meals are now labeled gluten free and Amy's has some gluten free frozen meals as well. As for restaurants you can get bunless burgers, salads with grilled chicken, if you have a Chipotle or a Qdoba their burrito bowls are great...
  • mollie_swabey
    mollie_swabey Posts: 2 Member

Thank you for the ideas!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    I usually have a salad with tuna, egg or beans. That's what I had before going gluten free though...
  • NemoTheFishie
    NemoTheFishie Posts: 2 Member
    I usually make my lunches on Sunday night for the week. It is usually things like salad with a lean protein, cheese and nuts. I also like pan fried chicken breasts with some steamed/roasted veggies and a scoop of rice/quinoa on the side. Turkey/chicken sausage with mashed potatoes. Quesadillas (made with corn tortillas) stuffed with deli meat for extra protein and guacamole for dipping. Being celiac doesnt mean your food has to be boring!! Friend me on MFP if you would like to snoop in my diary. I post it to stay accountable, but I find reading other diaries gives me ideas!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Leftovers from the night before! Make enough for the extra meal and pack it to nuke the next day. Best with very flavourful dishes like stews, Asian food, casseroles, GF pasta with homemade chunky sauces, etc. Saves time and money and it's yummy (and your co-workers will be jealous ;) .) Just remember to pack your lunch meal away first so you don't end up going back for second helpings and eating more than you should at dinnertime.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I reheat grilled chicken for protein most days.
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Does your job have a cafeteria or do you have to go out or bring your lunch everyday?
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    If you're craving something 'carb-y' as I tend to for lunch more than any other meal, I'll mix tuna and avocado (sometimes tomato or whatever else I want) and put it on a rice cake or dip rice crackers into it. Or even tortilla chips for a taco salad.