Holiday Help

Options
Hello there! I'm a new veg person. I became a vegetarian in April/May and went vegan over the summer and so far things have been going well!
My main concern at the moment, both in terms of fitness and of ethics, is the approaching holidays. I'm afraid I will have to revert back to vegetarianism for the holidays, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but I'm still uncomfortable with it. I'm also apprehensive about the social pressure and ridicule, but we all need to grow thick skin at some point.
My grandmother has asked me directly what I want to eat, so that's definitely a blessing, but I don't want to put pressure on her and ask her to make something completely foreign. I said her rice/mushroom risotto is wonderful, mixed nuts, mashed potatoes, nuts, fruit pies, etc. would be good. I'll probably focus more on veganism than calories, but I know I should still be mindful of that.

I guess I'm looking for advice from more experienced people on how to get through the holidays healthily and as a veggie/vegan in a family of slightly supportive skeptics if that makes sense. Thank you!