Positive Aspects to being LGBTQI?

Options
Byronic_Ryu
Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
edited November 2015 in Social Groups
Any positive aspects, qualities, or experiences to being LGBTQI? Care to share?

Replies

• HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I personally relish the pregnant pauses people give me when I introduce my wife...(smiling wickedly while remembering how Mom introduced us as "frrriEEEEEnds"..!)
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    All the things - coming out and being queer has been nothing but joy for me. I was a late bloomer - 29 - and grabbed it with both hands, ran around and squealed like a pig.

Main one - can have as much filthy donkey sex as you want with no chance of getting knocked up. BOOM!
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Even though I had a lot of negative experiences, out of darkness came important insight and wisdom. Being LGBTQI has helped pull the "veil" and let me see truth and perspective. The clarity I got from my experiences helped me make a lot of difficult decisions but in the bigger picture, I have become a better version of me.
  • vollans
    vollans Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    sappho123 wrote: »
    I personally relish the pregnant pauses people give me when I introduce my wife...

Yeah, that's a fun one. "This is my husband" or just referring to husband either causes startled bunny responses, or "I'm going to continue referring to wife as I'm not really sure I heard husband, I couldn't possibly have heard husband, this is Australia and there isn't such things as husband and husband".

But I think my favourite thing has been knowing I have the freedom to make choices that suit us, and that my openness means that people can't easily pin dirt on me.