Winter Prep and Self Care

Options
Byronic_Ryu
Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
During winter, the cold and damp have a negative effect on my body. I take steps to make sure my body is taken care of to the best of my abilities and I don't fall into the blues from pain and anniversary dates. How does the winter and holidays affect your condition(s)?

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I get stiffer and more tired. I incorporate more exercise, getting outside-properly bundled, and more yoga. The stress of the holidays is another matter. My stomach is usually sensitive and my skin gets it's sunburn feeling. Not a whole lot I can do but try to minimize the stress by recognizing what I can and cannot control
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    The cold makes my pain worse. I do anything I can to stay warm in the winter! I've been able to change many symptoms of pain by changing what I put in my mouth (I eat a low carb high fat diet), and am hoping it will help with the pain levels through this upcoming first winter while eating this way!
  • e9196tep
    e9196tep Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    FYI guys. Winter and vitamin D Deficiency go hand in hand. I'm chronicly low. If I don't take 50,000 iu weekly my levels will bottom out. I have RA and need to get my levels way up still. Ask your family physician for testing and get those values up! Read up on it. If you're low pain gets worse.
    Evette❤️
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am very tired and dealing with very painful muscular pain and stiffness. I am also dealing with allergies which is really unusual. I'm itchy most of the time. I make sure to take hot showers to help loosen the muscles and joints. I am trying to work out but it is really hard.