Rough week! Stress eating!

Options
ChandalNicole
ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
edited November 2015 in Social Groups
This is the week that I'm supposed to be deep cleaning my house and taking some time to relax before the holiday. We're hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year for my family and my boyfriends family. I've been SUPER pumped and excited! But on Monday, my brother, sister in law and their dog needed a place to stay. We're trying to help them out but it's really stressing me out. Our house is rather small and I have a daughter and my boyfriend has a son who comes on weekends. I'm not sure how long this will last but I'm ridiculously stressed out and I've been eating bad things!! I've never been an emotional eater. Usually I just occupy my time with a workout or cleaning or something to that effect. But since the house is so crowded, the TV/Xbox that I use for workouts are occupied and I feel like I have to entertain them, I think that's why.

I need some tips! This can't happen the week before a holiday like Thanksgiving!! And then weather has been really, really crappy so going outside does not seem fun. 50 degrees and raining sideways because of the wind? No thank you. Are you a stress eater? How do you deal?!!

Replies

• istarith
    istarith Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Idea!!
    Is there a big-box gym in your area? Hop online and fill out a request for a free day pass; they usually give them out so you can evaluate the gym for perhaps membership... ;) Get out of the house and go blow off some steam for free!
    As for the eating, my best tip is to take an hour in the kitchen prepping snack baggies. You wont want to dig into a bag of chips and candies if you know you have healthy, prepped with love snacks waiting for you! :)
    Also, SUPER sorry about your week; that sounds AWFUL stressful, and I our hopes are with you that you make it out pseudo-sane! :p
  • erebar
    erebar Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Check out the free Sworkit apps. You can choose from different ones with a different focus. (Ex. Upper body, butt,abs & core,stretching) You can also select the time from 5 min to 60 min. I don't know if there is a mall near you but my parents live in AZ and in the summer people will go to the mall before the stores open and walk inside. As far as stress eating- I like istarith's ideas. I've been trying to use distraction- like looking on Pinterest and making a private page with inspirational quotes and pictures and exercise ideas. Just don't get sidetracked with food! Haha! I search an idea so food doesn't come up. I love baths so I do that with a book or a movie on my iPad in the evening when I start to want to snack.
  • ChandalNicole
    ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I didn't reply but I read your tips!! Thank you! I'm gathering myself and pulling it together. Haven't worked out but my conscious food decisions have now helped me lose a pound this week!!
  • erebar
    Options
    I didn't reply but I read your tips!! Thank you! I'm gathering myself and pulling it together. Haven't worked out but my conscious food decisions have now helped me lose a pound this week!!

Yea! Good for you!
  • erebar
    Options
    Struggling this week. Trying to not let it get me down. My scale is creeping up and food intake has been up higher. And haven't worked out for the 2nd day. Feel like I'm getting sick.
  • istarith
    istarith Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    erebar wrote: »
    Struggling this week. Trying to not let it get me down. My scale is creeping up and food intake has been up higher. And haven't worked out for the 2nd day. Feel like I'm getting sick.

Maaan, it's going around (the lethargy and non-exercise, I mean...). I've skipped almost ALL of my runs this week. Don't let it get you down - get back IN there! Keep telling yourself you worked too hard and too long, and the junk snack you're eyeballing isn't 8-weeks of work worth it. Lord knows I've had to a few times this week... :wink: Best!! Good luck with the rest of the week!!
  • erebar
    Options
    Thanks Istarith! I'm battling!!! Forced a small jog today.