Body transformation

Options
armsgirly
armsgirly Posts: 37 Member
edited November 2015 in Social Groups
Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd create this thread for all of us who have ALREADY found the motivation to start getting fit and have started or are SERIOUS about starting an exercise program to go from skinny fat to fIt. We could share what we are doing and update how it's working along with tips. My hope is that we can update it with before's and after's and we all take that journey to fitness and treat it as a community fitness "report"/"results" thread. I would love for us to maybe start a particular exercise program all together and post how its going.

Replies

• armsgirly
    armsgirly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I will start with myself. I am a 29 yo mom of one toddler. I am 5"6' and around 160lbs with fluctuations between 156 and 162lbs. Although my stats look like I am overweight, I am actually rather skinny with a less than attractive midsection that has gotten worse after baby. My body looks good in clothes mainly because I know how to hide imperfections and accent my "skinny" parts. But I would not dare wear a fitting dress because of my disappearing waist or anything else that I should enjoy wearing.
    I have never been serious about fitness or diets and used to laugh at other people. Funny enough I am stubborn driven individual so now that I have realized my "faults" I am ALL in; my motivation is stronger than my excuses. Looking what I hate in the mirror now motivates me instead of depressing me.

I have started the program 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels and I am almost halfway (there is a support group for that program here on MFP if you are interested). After I am done I am planning on starting a 4 week program from FitnessBlender.
    My hope is that by working out smart and hard everyday and seeing results I would start enjoying it and turn into something that is part of the new fit healthy and active lifestyle I long to embrace.
    I hope you will join me on this thread both on the journey and on the exercise program.
    Cheers!
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hello hello!

I'm a bit late to the thread.. It seems the skinny fat-group is not as active as some other groups, a few posts don't get any replies.
    :) I'm an FitnessBlender fan! I'm doing their 8 week program for busy people, exercising around 30min a day, and I have seen really great results! And MFP is the best, that and FitnessBlender is literally all I need to stay on track, and they're both free! (Except fitnessblender programs, but $10 is a ridiculously low investment for what they provide, and they have over 400 free videos as well).
    Anyway, this wasn't really the thread you're after but I thought I'd just reply :)