Energy from Phentermine

Options
Fit4LifeAR
Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
Hi Everyone!

I have been pretty successful with Phentermine in the past. I took it a few years ago and kept the weight off until I had my daughter. I used it again for 6 weeks after I had her, and continued to lose weight after I stopped taking it. I am really missing the energy you get with it though? I don't want to take it again because the one side effect I get is anxiety, which leads me to bite my nails like a mad woman lol. Do y'all have any suggestions for vitamins or supplements that give you energy? I would ask the discussion boards, but you know how that goes. I will be torn apart like a piece of meat in a pack of wild dogs, for even asking.

Replies

• heatherhb2016
    heatherhb2016 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just started Phentermine 8 days ago! I'm also taking the Megaburn shot. It's suppose to be full of b vitamins and other ingredients that help with weight loss, metabolism, etc. Just self administered second weekly shot this morning. I couldn't tell you if it helps or not, being as I'm on BOTH for the first time. I'd like to believe that they're helping. I definitely don't see the harm in trying it! YouTube is great for learning about real people reviews on the shots. For me, I'll continue them, as I've lost 9lbs so far. Could be all Phentermine? I just don't know. Good luck.
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Started taking Phentermine Jan 4th. Lost almost 10lbs so far! Really helps my appetite but not really getting too much energy from it. I'm also taking a shot called Liotronix. B-12 injection that also has lots of different ingredients to help with weight loss, fat burn, energy and so on. I think that has helped improve my energy more than anything! A google search on it brings up lots of good info!
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Options
    I took the injections when I first started, and I do recommend them! I started Phentermine again last week as I gained weight over the holidays. It was a huge wake up call. I have used Phentermine in the past and had great success. I always gained a few pounds back after stopping, which I think is to be expected, but then I would be fine. This last time, I took it for six weeks and then stopped, and lost even more after I stopped. Then the holidays came lol. I stopped tracking and let myself eat whatever. It was amazing how quickly I fell back in to old eating habits. I gained 9 pounds in Nov. and Dec.!!!

Anyhow, I'm using it again to try and break those same old habits that I broke the first time I used it. I noticed though that I was EXHAUSTED when taking it, but I was also taking 5-http to offset any anxiety I might have. After researching, I realized the 5-htp might be making me tired. I'm going to start taking it at night, every other day. I didn't take the 5-htp today and definitely have more energy.

Good luck with the pills!! I don't think they are for everyone, but they are a great tool if used correctly.
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Options
    One more thing...this may go totally against what your doc says, but my doc gave me this advice.

1200 calories is probably not enough, especially if you work out and want to keep the weight off. He said it's better to eat more and lose weight a little slower, and it's not such a shock to your body when you go off the medicine.

1200 may seem impossible at first, because you are not hungry. That will start to wear off though (which I think is a good thing, that's when you really start working on bad habits and portion control).

I have been most successful keeping my calories between 1500-1600 a day. MFP tends to underestimate how many calories we need in a day, if you compare it to other calculators online. 1,200 is way too low for most people, and definitely if you work out.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Stopping logging! Bingo, that's my problem too. When I log it keeps me honest. It's GREAT that you kept losing after you stopped taking it!

Garcinia Cambogia which I always thought was a big scam has been working, at least for a week! I took it before and it did nothing. I tried this 1234 brand. The guy at the store said a lot of people come back and get more. It was $27 there, and $11 on Amazon! I don't know how long it will keep working. l I have only been taking it for a week. So far so good. It's giving me tons of energy. And even if it is water weight, I am down 4 pounds this week.