Weekly weigh in 11/22

Options
I'm pleased with my results this week! It's been rough!!!

Last week: 184.3

I'm not sure what it is in total for this challenge. I'll have to look back and research that!

Replies

• erebar
    erebar Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    HW 165
    SW 145 ( for challenge)
    140.5 weigh in before vacation
    Today's weight 138.5

I'm happy -with my injured ankle I haven't been able to do any good cardio- very frustrated. I wasn't expecting anything good on the scale this week. I just hope it's not cuz I'm losing muscle.
  • istarith
    istarith Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 206

Week 1: 204.9 (-1.1 lb)
    Week 2: 202.5 (-2.4 lb)
    Week 3: 200.1 (-2.4 lb)
    Week 4: 198.9 (-1.2 lb)
    Week 5: 197.0 (-1.9 lb)
    Week 6: 196.8 (-0.2 lb)

Total loss: 9.2 lb.

................................................................... . . . . ... ?!@??!?RJOIU!@($&*#_&?!?!??!^#&@!*%#&*@!??!??!?!?!??!! *expletives, swear words, shaking fists at heavens, scream crying, etc. etc. etc.*

Two. Ounces.
    Let's talk a moment. Let's gab. Let's just sit down and have ourselves a chit chat.

Do you know how long it's been since I've had a taco? A cheeseburger? A single, lone French fry? How 'bout Chinese food - any kind? Mmm? Any takers? I CAN'T REMEMBER HOW LONG, THAT'S HOW LONG.

I'm marathon training. I'm running almost every day. I'm working up a sizeable sweat. I'm changing up my routine daily. I'm eating less than 1,425 calories per day, and almost all of it is vegetables and nuts and lean meats. Like, that's it. Do you know how tired I am of vegetables?!

I worked SO. HARD. this week. I pulled extra runs when I didn't have to. Just yesterday, I was supposed to rest, and I was like, no, weigh in day is tomorrow, and I'm running off my 200 calorie dinner.

And I lost two ounces this week.

I'm being very real here, I am not eating today until I run my three miles like I was gonna anyway, then eating like, an orange, and then going to bed, because I am 100% done with this. Averaging 1.5 pounds per week, and I'm living off exercise and baby carrots. Yes that makes sense...

:'(
  • deety3
    deety3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    SW - 205.6
    Week 1 - 202.2
    Week 2 - 199.2
    Week 3 - 198.4
    Week 4 - 195.6
    Week 5 - 194.8
    Week 6 - 192.2

Week's Loss: 2.6
    Total Loss: 13.4

Had a great week and feel really motivated! I know Thanksgiving will be tough - holidays always are - but I'm gonna try and make up for it with extra exercise and maybe a little less eating on the days before and after. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!
  • curves2j
    curves2j Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a blast getting ready for whatever Thanksgiving plans you may have.

I signed up for a 5K on Thanksgiving. That is my plan burn to eat lol

I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and remember it's just one meal enjoy have fun and get back on plan Friday!

This challenge:

SW: 205
    Week 1 201.6 -3.4
    Week 2 198.2 -3.4
    Week 3 197.2 -1.0
    Week 4 194.4 -2.8
    Week 5 192.0 -2.4
    Week 6 189.4 -2.6
    Total challenge loss -15.6 lbs
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    SCW: 235
    Week 1: 232 (-3)
    Week 2: 228 (-4)
    Week 3: vacation
    Week 4: 228 (-0, just getting back from vacation no gain!)
    Week 5: 224 (-4)
    Week 6: 221.5 (-2.5)

Total challenge loss: 13.5 lbs!

I'm happy with that, I definitely haven't eaten the best this week so can't complain. Still 6.5 lbs to go...I know the end of this week will be rough with thanksgiving, but I'm hoping that by staying on track at the start of the week it'll at least average out for the week. Planning to take workout gear with me on my travels...if nothing else would like to get a walk in on Friday and Saturday.

But feeling pretty good, with about 6 weeks left in the year if I at least lose 2 lbs a week ( which I've been able to do outside of vacation weeks) I should be able to make it. Lol glad there are some cushion weeks in there!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @istarith I would be super frustrated too! With training for a marathon I'm sure you're working out pretty hard....do you eat back any of your exercise calories?
  • istarith
    Options
    @motivatedsister Oh gosh no, I know better. I might eat 50 calories over one day and know that it's okay because I ran that day, but I don't let myself do it often if at all. I'm just, ugh. -_- Utterly defeated.
  • deety3
    deety3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    istarith wrote: »

................................................................... . . . . ... ?!@??!?RJOIU!@($&*#_&?!?!??!^#&@!*%#&*@!??!??!?!?!??!! *expletives, swear words, shaking fists at heavens, scream crying, etc. etc. etc.*

Two. Ounces.
    Let's talk a moment. Let's gab. Let's just sit down and have ourselves a chit chat.

Do you know how long it's been since I've had a taco? A cheeseburger? A single, lone French fry? How 'bout Chinese food - any kind? Mmm? Any takers? I CAN'T REMEMBER HOW LONG, THAT'S HOW LONG.

I'm marathon training. I'm running almost every day. I'm working up a sizeable sweat. I'm changing up my routine daily. I'm eating less than 1,425 calories per day, and almost all of it is vegetables and nuts and lean meats. Like, that's it. Do you know how tired I am of vegetables?!

I worked SO. HARD. this week. I pulled extra runs when I didn't have to. Just yesterday, I was supposed to rest, and I was like, no, weigh in day is tomorrow, and I'm running off my 200 calorie dinner.

I'm being very real here, I am not eating today until I run my three miles like I was gonna anyway, then eating like, an orange, and then going to bed, because I am 100% done with this. Averaging 1.5 pounds per week, and I'm living off exercise and baby carrots. Yes that makes sense...

Okay, lol deep breath. You know that you're building muscle and muscle is heavier than fat even though it takes up less room. So there's that. And you know that when you're just working up to a pace, like you are with your running, that sore muscles tend to hold extra water. So there's that too. And there's the fact that you could get on the scale tomorrow and be down a pound and a half - sometimes it just falls off that way. Some weeks are better than others...
    All that being said, LOOK AT YOUR TOTAL. You've lost almost 10 pounds in 6 weeks - all the while, building new muscle and (I'm assuming) losing plenty of inches. Bet your clothes are filling you differently. You should be stoked!

You should be super happy with what you've done - besides, no one who sees you is ever gonna ask what the scale says - they're simply going to look at you and SEE the difference all that running has made in lean muscle and toning. You should be ultra proud of yourself.

One last thing - consider taking a day off of working out. Give the muscles a chance to rest and release that excess water build up.
    I give you a two thumbs up! lol

• istarith
    Options
    @deety3 You beautiful woman, you. -_- I know all of those things, of course I know them... I just see all the fabulous ladies around this group - not to mention a good friend of mine in town - hit the gym on the regular, and I'm seeing the pounds literally drip off, and my scale staying put... It's rough to watch. I feel left behind. But you're right of course, I'm losing some inches. I'm extra hard on myself, and I expect a lot of myself... Including but not limited to undoable, unrealistic things like losing 3-5 pounds in a week. But I get the picture; I'll dry my eyes and stop whining - Progress is progress :)
  • laurainottawa
    laurainottawa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    SW: 182
    Week 1: 181.3 (-0.7 lb)
    Week 2: 180.8 (-0.5 lb)
    Week 3: 179.6 (-1.2 lb)
    Week 4: 179.6 (0 lb)
    Week 5: 176.2 (-3.4 lb)
    Week 6: 173.8 (-2.4 lb)

Total challenge loss: 8.2 lb.
  • ChandalNicole
    ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
    Options

Two. Ounces.

Don't be so hard on yourself! The words of encouragement already told to you are spot on. Take a deep breath!

You're all kicking my butt in this challenge! I don't know that I've even made it to 10 pounds yet. But that's ok! I knew 20lbs would be a killer, especially because it's much harder for me to lose these days. 1200 calories in a day? Riiiight. Lol But I'm still losing!! I used to be just like this in the beginning. I would have a rough week, so I thought, and it would totally deflate me. I felt like all of my efforts were pointless! But they weren't. Not by a longshot! I would just get so hard on myself. 1/2 a pound? I worked so hard! I would stare at myself in the mirror and just pick out everything I still hated and that did not help. I started reading a lot of different articles and that's what personally helped me. I'm not saying that you haven't or anything, that's just what I had to do. This is going to sound cheesy but I read some of the "self love" fitness blog posts and they helped tremendously! Every effort you put in will eventually pay off. Maybe not right away or in ways that you can see, such as a number on the scale, but they're all making changes to your body for the better. The first person you have to inspire every day is yourself. Don't let it get you down. You're doing great!

• ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My official weigh in day is Friday so I guess I am late for last week or early for this week...:-)

Starting Weight: 285
    Challenge Start Weight: 225.9
    Current Weight: 217.8
    Total loss for Challenge -8.1lbs
    NYE Goal: 205

I may not make my NYE Goal but it wont' be for lack of trying. My weight loss has really started to slow down. I guess I need to figure out how to up my exercise, I've already decreased my calories a little bit.
  • erebar
    erebar Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Two. Ounces.

Great support from the others! This is just my opinion. You are doing really well! And it sucks that the scale didn't move for you. I don't know if you weigh more than once a week or not but I'd continue sticking to your plan but weigh mid week this week. If there still isn't change - your body might be stressed. Only you know how you feel. Like low energy but still forcing those workouts. I found I stopped listening to my body and tried to force more and quicker results when the scale didn't move. (Cut more calories and workout more.) I'd encourage you to give your body at least a day of rest from running each week probably two. You don't want to get any injuries. To piggy back on Chandal - your body isn't the enemy- it's your teammate!! Try and focus on all the accomplishments you've made!!!! Your dedication and goals are super inspiring to me!!!
  • kevath
    kevath Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Original sw: 291
    Ultimate gw: 154

For this challenge:
    Sw - 264
    Cw - 247.3
    Gw - 242

lost 16.7